We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis
reviews: 1
Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

We are thinking of this hotel as a family destination. Our kids are 10 & 13, is this a good place for families?

Thanks,

Vicki

montreal
reviews: 26
1. Re: Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

Greetings and welcome Vicki,

I've been several times to Royal Decameron Club Caribbean and yes it is a great moderate family resort ! Not fancy, or a lot of frills, but the staff aer awesome with the kids and they have lots of good family oriented activities. I like the cottage style and layout of the resort overall as well.

If you are being offered a good price I say go for it, at the average price it usually runs, it is an excellent value!

Blessings and respect to you

Enjoy Jamaica!

Steve

Minneapolis
reviews: 1
2. Re: Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

Steve,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Do you have any other good picks for families on Jamaica? We'd prefer an all inclusive (kids eat a lot!).

Vicki

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 5
3. Re: Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

Hello Henya,

It is only fair to offer you a list of ALL the prefered A/I hotels.

However, if you look back over the last 15 or more days you will see threads on many of these hotels. Example.

www.sunsetbeachresorts.com Click onto Caribbean, then Jamaica.

superclubs.com/brand_starfish/…index.asp

Look for FDR and Pebbles.

montreal
4. Re: Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

Hi again Henya, no problem I like to help.

My personal favourite A/I Family resort is Starfish Trelawny. They have a great beach, and TONS of great amenities for your children ( and you ; ) The staff is awesome and the food is great for the most part. Check the link Johnny posted above for lots of great photos and info...

Other choices might be Sunset at the Palms in Negril- awesome beach, smaller resort, moderate prices BEAUTIFUL setting! Not as much amenities, more of a "natural" style vacation...

Same goes for Point Village in Negril. It is very reasonably priced usually.

You are going to LOVE Jamaica no matter where you stay.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

montreal
5. Re: Royal Decameron @ Runaway Bay

Oops, sorry to call you Henya there Vicky !!!! lol

Much Peace : )