We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starfish Trelawny

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Starfish Trelawny

Hi

Me & my boyfriend are going to the Starfish in May. Anyone been in May? If so, what was the weather like and did you get a good tan???

There seems to be mixed reports on the hotel from what i can see. In the brochure it looks lovely! Are the rooms really that bad? Ive only been All Inclusive once before and im staring to get worried...

1. Re: Starfish Trelawny

You will love the Starfish it is very nice! I was there in November so I can not comment on the weather in May but I can tell you that the rooms are acceptable, they are not the Ritz but then if you are really enjoying the island and the resort you will not be in the room very much. They keep them clean and I did not see any ants or bugs. Eat at the Japanese restaurant one night, it is really good! Blessings and respect!

Eli

Somewhere on Earth...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Starfish Trelawny

Londongal,

No, the rooms are not all that bad. They are very clean, although maybe a little small. You have a dressing table/mirror/chair, at least one other sitting chair, balcony or patio with a table and two chairs. A stocked mini fridge, and a "free" bar mounted on the wall with a fifth of Appleton rum, gin, whisky, & vodka. The resort grounds are better even than the pictures show it. We were there twice last year, just getting back last December. Both times we have seen many Brits there. A friend of ours who works at Starfish says thay have always had a strong British clientele. You made a good choice. Sorry, you have such a long flight over though. I'll be glad to answer any questions you might have. Enjoy and good luck..........

Chuck

Nebraska
reviews: 1
3. Re: Starfish Trelawny

I concur that this resort is well worth the money. I had read reports of ants and bugs but we had not a one in either of our rooms. My 18 year old and 21 year old a great time. WE were there over Christmas and my only complaint was rain and lack of sunshine---however it did not dampen our trip. We thought all three of the "extra" restaurants were good as well as the buffet. The sunset reggae cruise to Luminous Lagoon from Starfish was awesome. There is a thread on this site --Bioluminest Waters regarding this wonder of nature. WE also did the Dunns River Falls from Starfish and we all had a blast. The rooms were just fine and we have stayed at definite 5 star and we were not disappointed. Beds are comfortable, they are cleaned well, maybe small but how long are you in the room?

texas
4. Re: Starfish Trelawny

My husband & I stayed at the Starfish the end of May last year. All I can say is I am glad the others who gave you reviews had a better stay than we did. The rooms are..maybe....the quality of a Motel 6. The bathroom was absolutely gross. For 2 days, without warning, we had no running water at the entire resort therefore, upon returning from our excursion, we bathed in the pool (which at 6:30 pm had already been treated for the night). I promise, the brochure is rather deceptive. We are easy to please on vacation, but this time 7 days was too long. In general, we do not plan to return to Jamaica, we are not into smoking gonja, which adults were doing in the main lobby of this resort where small children were running around. Oh, the beach is full of seaweed and small, the weather is typical Caribbean, humid and hot; I am sure you can work on your tan without any problems.

We stayed at a 2* hotel in Punta Cana (LTI) and it was wonderful, the Starfish is not even close to being in the same category.....Good Luck

Ontario Canada
5. Re: Starfish Trelawny

My wife and I just returned from 2 weeks at the Starfish on Jan1.

We had a great time and enjoyed the resort very much. Our room was very clean (not big but who spends much time there anyway.) Most of the rooms have been recently updated and our bathroom was completely new. No Complaints. The beach is great if you want to get away from all the kids. Most families stay near the pool. The staff is super nice, and there is a good variety of food if you use the a la carte restaurants. Casablanca is the best and you can get a great meal there without paying anything extra.

The only drawback we found is that the resort is secluded so there isn't much to do at night without a fairly long cab ride to a nightclub away from the resort. We are a fairly young couple who likes to go out at night so this resort was lacking in that area.... everything else... no complaint.