We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Runaway Bay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
Breezes Runaway Bay

My wife and I will be staying at Breezes from Feb. 10th - Feb. 14th. This will be our second visit to BRB. We were there last year during the same week for a wedding. We decided to go back for our own vacation this time so we can do things that we didn't get to do last year. Any recomendations? Also, we would like to hear from anyone else staying there while we're there.

Syracuse, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay

We will be there! Our fourth time to Jamaica, but first to BRB.

I would suggest taking advantage of visiting Hed III next door, sure to be a great time! Be sure to book the visit as soon as you arrive, though, everything fills up quickly. Also, even though they say no tipping, a little appreciation goes a long way and you will notice a difference.

Anything we shoud know about the resort? We can't wait!

Ya Mon!!

Wisconsin
5 posts
2. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay

we

Wisconsin
5 posts
3. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay

We won't be there during your time, but we are going to get married on May 5th at BRB. I was just wondering how the wedding went. I have heard that they tend to rush you to get the next wedding in.

Also, I have been trying to find information on activities going on at the resort. I sent some e-mails to try to get a listing, but no response yet. If anyone has a place I can get the information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

New Jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
4. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay

Yamon, we took a night pass over to Hedo III last year and yes it was wild! The night club there is a lot better then the one at BRB. We will go there again this time as well. I recomend that you bring your own plastic mug for drinks. Everyone does because the cups they give you at the bar are just oversized shot glasses! Also, the nude beach has a self serve bar! It was our first time on a nude beach but the nervousness goes away in minutes! As far as food is concerned, stay away from the hot dogs! The Starlight Grill is good. That opens up at night. The jerk chicken on the beach is really good too. I'd like to go to Dunns River Falls this time. Have you ever been there?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
106 posts
5. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay

WIBadger, the wedding was okay. I did get the feeling that they were rushing through the ceremony. I guess they over book for weddings there. But keep in mind, I was there for Valentines weekend so it was probably busier then it normally is. Don't get me wrong though, it was a beautiful ceremony and you should enjoy it very much. As far as getting info about activities, I don't know a website but you may have some luck calling the hotel itself and asking them. Anyway, good luck!!

A TripAdvisor Member
6. Re: Breezes Runaway Bay

I stayed at Breezes last October 2004. We had a great time, there are a lot of scheduled activities that are posted on the dry-erase board by the craft building next to the beach bar. Bring tennis shoes if you want to take the bike tour or golf otherwise they won't let you partake in the activity.

Bug spray, if you can bring it with you past security.

And I hope you like hip hop because that is what they mostly played there, even though most of the people would have welcomed listening to regaee, regaee was very very far and few between.

Take the glass bottom boat out, go windsurfing-you can get lessons. Bring some water socks with you.

And don't forget to write down on the Customer Comments that you would like to hear more regaee. Maybe they'll get the hint one day. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!