We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BRB Renovations?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
marlton, nj
BRB Renovations?

I've read several references to BRB being renovated in the near future. Is there an official date? I'm thinking of making a ressie for Feb or March 2006, but don't want to be there during a major rehab.

Boston,MA
reviews: 11
1. Re: BRB Renovations?

We're planning to go to Breezes in Feb. also and I would like to know about any work being done. So hopefully someone will give us some info about it.

Cherry Hill, NJ
reviews: 9
2. Re: BRB Renovations?

My wife and I are headed to JA on Nov. 14th on the SuperClubs SuperSurprise with BMB and Hedo III eliminated so there is a good chance we'll end up at BRB. I'll let you know if we hear anything (especially since you live around the corner from us!!!).

N.W. Ohio
3. Re: BRB Renovations?

I was at BRB a couple of months ago and was told by staff that the renovations should begin in or around April 1. However, that being said, they were also supposed to begin this past April 1 and it didn't happen. Things in Ja happen at a much different pace than in the States.

I was also told, second hand from a travel agent, that if people are booked when the renovations begin that they will send you to a comparitive property near by that is also owned by Superclubs.

I am envious of all who are soon going to Ja. I am missing her dearly right now!

Cherry Hill, NJ
reviews: 9
4. Re: BRB Renovations?

The nearest SuperClubs to BRB is Hedo III !!!

N.W. Ohio
5. Re: BRB Renovations?

From what I was told, they will completely close the resort, and it should not start till April, after the spring break rush.

No, I don't think it's Hedo! LOL. I think it's Grand Lido Braco actually. I couldn't think of the name yesterday. I've not been to Lido, but I hear it's very nice. More upscale than BRB I think. Who knows, maybe they'll even give you a choice. Superclubs can be unpredictable at times. Sometimes they are very good at taking care of their guests, at other times they seem as if they could care less.

You are going at a nice time of year. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. After all, it's JAMAICA!

montreal
reviews: 26
6. Re: BRB Renovations?

You can rest assured that they would not place anyone at HedoIII that didn't want to be there. If by chance they were to need to move you, they would give you the CHOICE between Grand Lido Braco (which is more upscale than BRB) Hedo III (which is also more upscale than BRB) or Starfish Trelawny (which is more moderate so they would give added compensation)

Superclubs are typically very good at giving advanced warning of major changes.

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve

Boston
7. Re: BRB Renovations?

I just booked my vacation to BRB for the first week of May and had my travel agent call to assure there would not be any renovations going on. They said there were not at that time anyway.