We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best form of transport from Kingston Airport to...

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Uk
Best form of transport from Kingston Airport to...

Hi Guys,

Me and my boyfriend are looking to travel to the starfish resort,Falmouth next May and need a couple of questions ansewerd before we go....

I have a special fare with BA into Jamaica but the only problem is,is that it goes into Kingston instead of MBJ.

I have phoned the resort and they advised that it will take approx 4 hours by bus.Would just like to know how much this would approx cost,if its safe or is the better alternative flying into mbj from kin and then transferring?...help?

Also,please can anyone let us know if when they travelled in may and did it rain as looking at some websites this has been class as the WORST TIME TO GO for rainy season!!!

Looking at some of the comments.....no-ne has mentioned weather so could be o.k..please advise?????

Thanks,

Claire Luton, Bedfordshire.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 5
1. Re: Best form of transport from Kingston Airport to...

Hello Claire,

Firstly, you have selected the perfect island to be with your boyfriend. Jamaica is for lovers. Second, the Starfish is a fantastic hotel and has everything for you to enjoy yourselves. Remember that this is a family hotel and you may have children around you. Although most kids are still in school in May. March winds, April showers, May flowers. I was in JA this May and the weather was fantastic. However, I cannot guarantee that it will be this way again next year. May is normally a very nice month to visit. Flying from KIN to MoBay and then taxi to Starfish, will not get you there any faster.

The BA flight gets into KIN betwen 17:30 to 18:00. Pass through immigration and customs is at least 1 hour. Sunset is about 8pm. If you leave KIN for the hotel at that time of the afternoon, you will get the worst of the traffic. The trip will take an extra one or two hours. Two choices. (1) Get the hotel to send a car for you. This way the taxi driver will be at HIS home when he arrives. If you take a taxi from KIN to the hotel, then the driver has to return to his home at night and they will charge you plenty extra for the night trip.

(2) My favorite option is to stay in a hotel near to the airport for that one first night after your arrival.

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…news2.html

You will get over the jet lag and enjoy your first night in one of the nicest locations. Definately a romantic place to be at. The hotel looks back at the harbour and the terrace and rooms all have views of the city and mountains in the background. Get cleaned up and walk / taxi into the the Port Royal town to the Buchaneers Roost Restaurante to have an absolutely delicious lobster or fresh fish dinner with the local beer Red Stripe or even better, a few shots of Appleton Rum. The place will be lively.

The next morning the M.H. hotel will arange to send you by boat to Lime Cay. A tiny island where the water is turquoise and the sand is bleach white. The boatman will return for you in two hours or longer if you want. Return to the hotel where the taxi from the Starfish Resort will be waiting to take you on a delightful drive over the mountains to the hotel. It will be daylight and you will really enjoy the scienery. Stop along the way to have some local apetizers and coconut water straight for the coconut.

All these things may sound strange to you. Make a copy of this and show it to anybody who really knows Jamaica and then you will thank me for giving you the most romantic start for your holiday. ENJOY!

If it does rain, then it will not last longer than twenty minutes and the sun will come out brighter than ever. Make sure you have plenty of protection cream. After Sun. After Bite and insect repellant.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Best form of transport from Kingston Airport to...

There is a company that does shuttle service from Kingston's airport to all the major hotels. It is Taxi Jamaica...they are run by Holiday Services which has the transport contract from Kingston for all the Sandals and Beaches resorts, so they are well known and the only ground transportation service with a desk in the Kinsgton airport. The site is taxijamaica.com, i think it's $52 one way.

You could also get a JUTA cab, they always wait outside, but probably more expensive.

Flying will be quicker, but remember intra-island flights are often delayed, plus you will be flying into montego bay and falmouth is about 30 mins from montego bay, so factor that ride (and the wait for that ride) into your plans. I'd be too concerned with losing my luggage, flight delays, to bother connecting again unless you get really carsick or something. i have done the trip myself and just slept the whole way!