We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Beaches

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Annapolis, MD
reviews: 24
Public Beaches

We are going to RDCC in November. I have read about Puerto Seco, Turtle and Priory Public Beach. Which is

closest or the best/safest for a venture out? Will a cab driver take us there?

england
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Runaway Bay
reviews: 3
1. Re: Public Beaches

a few people i know have been to priory beach which is in the eveing and say its great,(priory beach party) i havent got there yet..On my list each time i go there, one day i will get there. Think its like 20 mins from RDCC.

it is safe there, great vibe. A cab driver will take you there, many recommended on here and one i always use is moodie. He has taken a lot of people there and all of them have a great time, some who go there every time they go to jamaica

Dont know about turtle beach,, is that the one in ocho rios??? if it is i have been there and it is safe, have to pay to go on the beach and is 20mins away.

Never heard of puerto seco

hope this helps

L.E.
reviews: 1
2. Re: Public Beaches

i have been to priory beach party and it's definite worth a go in the evening or better night time as it's just about to start at 11 and later is better.

taxi drivers are no problem, i have a very close friend of mine who you could ring. his name is Ian and his number is (+876) 407 1387.

he is also a musician and knows the scene very well.he can advise you on any party going on and also for more local parties. they are absolutly great, safe and sound.

now in regards to beach itself for relaxing in the day: oceans park in Runaway bay is lovely or in discovery bay there is a lovely beach. both take a small entry fee.

enjoy your stay.

surrey UK
3. Re: Public Beaches

Hi,

We went to RDCC lastSept. A couple we met with a 2 year old little one went to the local public beach several times during their stay and had a great time meeting local people and their kids. Turn left out of RDCC and walk for about 10 mins. You may get approached and offered jewelery or the local smoky stuff, but a simple no and a smile seemed to work fine. It is a lovely area, sure you will enjoy.

Regards Jill.

Moncton, NB Canada
reviews: 7
4. Re: Public Beaches

I stayed at the RDCC this past April and we went to a beach aprx 5 minutes (drive) from the resort, it's called "Flavors" it's a wonderful spot

Enjoy

Moncton, NB Canada
reviews: 7
5. Re: Public Beaches

Sowy, I meant "Flavours"

6. Re: Public Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, October 04, 2009