We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

Which Port Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

I want to know if this yearly festival is a major tourist attraction because I'm headed down there this year. Any one with any past experiences want to share some feedback about the event?...Is it worth it?

roxbury, ma
reviews: 1
1. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

I haven;t been in many years but Portland is a nice vibe and the jerk festival brings crowds from all over-Jamaica as well!

Any festival is Jamacia is worth the experience!

Are you staying in Portland or traveling for the day from elsewhere? It's far from Mobay/Negril and an expensive drive other than a local bus.

PEACE!

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

I'm staying in Kingston and driving up. thanks for the info. I hope I have lots of fun at the festival even tho imma be going to the beach and blue lagoon ect.

Brooklyn, New York
3. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

OMG!!! to miss this event is to diss. First of all, you should bring one of those folding chair to sit and enjoy every single one of those delicious items. Go early (around 10am) to catch the gospel concert. The jerk chicken taste like it was seasoned up from the year before. the jerk pork is to die for, the lobster, jerk breadfuit, busu soup (escargo), festival, corn, ice cones, potato pudding with the hell a top, hell a bottom and hallelujah inna mi middle. It is such a cool vibe. youre enjoying a festive meal with family, friends and some really interesting strangers. the concert at night madddddddddddddddd. I will definitely be there this year. My ticket has been booked since February. Enjoy the moment!!!!!

p.s. dont forget your water boots. last year it was muddyyyyyyyyy

Edited: 11:50 am, March 20, 2013
Texas
reviews: 64
4. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

When is the festival?

All I'm seeing is end of June first of July but no exact dates.......

Pomona, California
reviews: 4
5. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

Hi. According to their website, the date for the 2013 Portland Jerk Festival is July 7th. http://portlandjerkfestival.com/

6. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:59 pm, June 07, 2013
Toronto
reviews: 7
7. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

I'm going with my husband! So exciting :)

SexxybadyT, you mentioned you booked a ticket? I don't see anywhere on the website where you can purchase them...

Also, does anyone know the line up?

-CL

8. Re: Anyone from Toronto heading to the Portland Jerk Festival 13

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 13, 2014