We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking guide recommendation

Which Port Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
reviews: 3
hiking guide recommendation

We're headed for P.A. next week and wondering about hiking options. We're very experienced hikers, but have heard that a guide is a necessity anyway. Anyone with recent experience? I've seen reviews of Valley Hikes and references to hikes organized out of Hotel Mockingbird Hill but they all seem to be 5+ years old.

Canmore, Canada
reviews: 1
1. Re: hiking guide recommendation

My post is late, trust others will benefit. Hiking in Port Antonio is organized by ATTRACTIONS LINK (attractionslink@cwjamaica.com, 876-394-2230, www.attractionslink.com) in the Rio Grande Valley and the Blue Mountains and Wayne is a great guide. It is very important to hike with someone who is knowledgeable and not just for the 'walk'.

The Blue Mountains are wonderful for hiking and coffee.

Quebec
2. Re: hiking guide recommendation

I've done some hiking with this gentleman:

…worldstogethertravel.com/Jamaica/hiking-cun…

Norwalk, Connecticut
reviews: 68
3. Re: hiking guide recommendation

You would usually ask your lodging owners about guides.

So much in Jamaica is about regional knowledge---just like taxis vs. private drivers....knowledge of certain things.

I'd start with them for a guide--THEN move on to other sources.

There are places where hikers gather on the mountain also--where guide might be found....but you'd still need to get to that area from your base.

I believe its the travel book LONELY PLANET that has quite a bit of hiking information as well.

4. Re: hiking guide recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 21, 2014