We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help re Bonnie View

Which Port Antonio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 42
Help re Bonnie View

Does the Bonnie View hotel still exist? We're going back to JA next year - used to live there in the 70's. We're staying in Oracabessa but would like to visit Bonnie View if it is still there.. We have many fond memories of staying there and the fabulous views over the double bay of Port Antonio and, from the pool, the mountains behind. I can find no current references to Bonnie View.

26 replies to this topic
Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 23
1. Re: Help re Bonnie View

BV is not a hotel any more, and visitors wishing to take in those wondeful panoramic views should not go beyond the gate of Tree Tops, the home of Col. Don Steadman. Check your PM's as to why you should only go so far up Bonnie View Road.

Pittsboro, NC
reviews: 8
2. Re: Help re Bonnie View

What has happened to The Bonnie View? We stayed there twice in the early 90's and enjoyed the privacy, the steep walk down to town, the nighttime sounds drifting up from the town, the lights from the banana boats as they were being loaded, and wonderful views of the twin harbors. I find on the Internet that the Bonnie View is no longer available. What happened to such a wonderful place? I do so wish that I could return there.

San Diego...
3. Re: Help re Bonnie View

Hi MizChill,

As you can probably see, I posted an almost identical question last July. JASoldier was kind enough to send me a private message explaining further. But basically, it's not a good idea to try to visit Bonnie View. Such a shame.

4. Re: Help re Bonnie View

So the hotel is closed for good? What about tranquility villas its on the same grounds as bonnie view also but I realy had good times at bv

5. Re: Help re Bonnie View

So the hotel is closed for good? What about tranquility villas its on the same grounds as bonnie view also but I realy had good times at bv

San Diego...
6. Re: Help re Bonnie View

We were strongly advised not to attempt even to go up the Bonnie View driveway.

London
reviews: 19
7. Re: Help re Bonnie View

What happened at Bonnie View? Why can't you go up there anymore?

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 23
8. Re: Help re Bonnie View

see post no 1

< BV is not a hotel any more, and visitors wishing to take in those wondeful panoramic views should not go beyond the gate of Tree Tops, the home of Col. Don Steadman >

London
reviews: 19
9. Re: Help re Bonnie View

Hi

I saw that post, but that doesn't explain why it closed? Can you tell me why?

Thanks

James

reviews: 8
10. Re: Help re Bonnie View

I was there in 2011 it was not open, I took in the views, some pictures and roamed around. The Bonnie view was the site of my honeymoon. We were not bothered by any one, and I cant find any real reason to stay away, what is the deal??

Reply to: Help re Bonnie View
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted