I'm so jealous that you will soon be in Port Antonio! ;)
Frenchmans's Cove and Blue Lagoon are within walking distance from each other, but Boston Bay and other points east seemed a little far for a walk, a few minute drive by car. Route taxis can take you around within Port Antonio, and is a very cheap way to get around.
I stayed at Moon San Villa, which I like a bed and breakfast, it's a four room villa where you can rent just one, all the same price, $125/nt. The master bdrm was the only one with an ac if that is important, we didn't really need it but if this is preferred you can request this room.
A very nice man named Michael works there and offered to take us anywhere that we would like to go, although we had already rented a car. Even if you don't decide to stay, you could certainly call Michael to ask for a ride from the airport, or for excursions. His number is (876) 381 3494.
The villa is just footsteps from the Blue Lagoon(we made it our own swimmiing hole :) ).
Staying there will include breakfast(I had wonderful french toast everyday!!), and they actually allowed us to use their kitchen which really helped.
Goblin hill is very nice as well, and very close to Frenchman's cove.
I believe the link for places to stay at Frenchman's cove is
btw, Frenchman's Cove can be reserved for a sunset lobster dinner after the beach closes. :)
1. Move there. ;)
2. If you hire a driver, ask if they know of any hidden waterfalls, that may not be part of an attraction.
3. Relax on the beautiful sand of Long Bay.
4. Make reservations one evening to have dinner at the "Best Kept Secret." I'm sorry I really must insist. It's a secret, so I can't really give details, but you will have a lovely dinner, and it will be reasonably priced. Wherever you decide to stay, just ask them to call and make a rsvn, as it is required, and pick up a bottle of wine on the way, as no drinks are served, only water. OK, you're not getting anything else out of me.
5. Stop at a local fruit stand at least once. The jackfruit is delicious. :)
6. If you want an out of body experience, there's always the mineral bath. About a 30-45 minute drive away, the Milk Mineral Bath will cure what ails you. It's 140F water coming straight off of the rock, and there will be "doctors" there who will massage you with special oils(another secret) and just bathe you in the water. And he's gonna wet your towel with it, so might wanna take a spare. He said that this would cure anything, and his special method would cleanse you completely. I left feeling like a new woman. If you go, ask the driver to take you in the back way where the locals go, otherwise you can go in through a hotel closeby, but the other way is more fun. :)
I hope that you have an amazing trip!!!