We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

We are planning a short trip to negril- can't decide between CN or CSA. What one do you prefer and why?

Ga.
reviews: 23
11. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Only been to CSA & CSS, lol but you cannot go wrong with Couples Resorts!!! Since the things you listed could be enjoyed at either one, I guess I am voting CSA since I had my weddingmoon there. HA! HA:)

New York City, New...
12. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Just booked CSA atrium suite!thank you all for your help. So excited, let me know if there is anything that we must bring or do while we are there?

Cary, North Carolina
reviews: 17
13. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

If you havent already, visit the couples website message board forum. Great place to search to find information on what to do, what to bring, what to not miss.

Enjoy

Ga.
reviews: 23
14. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Wow, lol that was fast! Agree about the Couples MB, they are a great source for all things Couples. Just remember it takes a day or so to get a reply. Here is a link to the daily fun stuff http://couples.com/swept-away/inclusions.php (click on the 2 links at the bottom of this page) it all depends on what days you are there so this will come in handy for that. Set up your reservations for dinner ASAP after arrival, but really my hubby liked the Palms best so don't stress about eating there the first night if you can't get a reservation. Order coffee & some pre-breakfast & enjoy your balcony. Eat some sweet potato chips and dips and try all the soups they are YUMMY. Oh and eat all things new, you will be amazed what you love by the end of your stay:) Have fun and let us know how it all goes:)

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 24
15. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

If you are not an early riser, try to avoid the atrium suite next to the Palms, if you are up early, it is fine ( give you a view of the ocean). IMO best atrium buildings, 27, 26, 25 and 20 ( and anything on the back of the beachfront suite buildings ). ENJOY CSA , and be sure to try Patois for breakfast .

Destination Expert
for Negril
16. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

tinkerbelx

Great choice, you will love CSA! Keep in mind Jamaica moves at a much slower pace which really forces you to relax. Sand gravity may take hold of you (which can be a wonderful thing) so your time relaxing on the superb beach at CSA, floating in the sea and walking south (left as you are facing the sea) down the beach (which can be viewed as an excursion in itself) may be all you need in addition to the included water sports and catamaran cruise. I would recommend one night up on the cliffs for cocktails/and or dinner at sunset at Ivans at Catcha Falling Star if you want to get off property for a night, they offer free pick up. I feel Ivans is a great choice with friendly staff, dependable service, great atmosphere, consistently great food and drinks and spectacular views. CSA also offers a trip to Pushcart, also a restaurant/bar located up on the cliffs for a sunset excursion, transportation included round trip.

As far as TimAir, I do recommend this mode of transportation for a short stay in Negril, it is a great way to kick start your vacation, something to do at least once and yes an excursion in itself. In years past we have used TimAir but since the road to Negril has been improved we are fine with the included transportation but normally stay in Negril a minimum of 7 nights. Keep in mind that weather conditions, etc., may delay your flight so there is no guarantee you will arrive at the resort any sooner than the included shuttle, but most likely you will.

You should be fine with your dinner reservation for Feathers & Lemongrass, just be sure to stop by the concierge desk in the lobby immediately after check in to make your reservations for dinner and the catamaran cruise. If for some reason they cannot accommodate the night you want, tell them you are only there for a few nights and they will see what they can do for you. The catamaran cruise will also take you to the cliff area.

Enjoy!

America, The...
reviews: 52
17. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Don't forget to head across the street and check out the tennis program! It's one of the best in the Caribbean and so often forgotten about in discussions of what to do at CSA. Great for beginners to advanced players and private lessons are included.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 3
18. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

You made a good choice. We're heading back for our 2nd trip in 114 days and I'm just as excited as I was for my 1st trip. Maybe MORE excited now. What I love is the adult-only, couples-only Caribbean feel. All the privacy you need and yet easy access to Long Bay Beach. I recommend that you spend at least one afternoon walking the beach and visiting some of the local bars and restaurants along the way. Don't feel intimidated by the vendors. It's all about respect. If you're not interested in what they're selling, give them a polite "No Thanks" and they'll be on their way.

I would also recommend you spend at least one afternoon/sunset on the cliffs, maybe grab dinner at a cliffside restaurant like Ivans, LTU, Xtabi, and so on.

New York City, New...
19. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

thanks on all the feedback- i think we are going to try to squeeze in a cliff dinner, (now to figure out what one) and my hubby would love the tennis(i didnt realize they had instructions)- me not so much- I'll hit the spa. The vendors don't bother me- i think its part of the whole experience.

America, The...
reviews: 52
20. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away

Re. The tennis, for private lessons, David is a terrific young pro who was a top Jamaican player and Brenton is CSA's head pro...those are my 2 favorites of their current pros, though all are good. Book at the sports desk when you arrive. They also have a visiting U.S. pro each week who runs intermediate and advanced clinics on weekday mornings and round robins early weekday evenings. The clinics are hit or miss depending on how good the visiting pro is that week. We've had from great to awful and in between. We usually scout out the visiting pro early in the week and, if no good, use it as an opportunity to find other advanced players to arrange games and skip clinics after that. Definitely try for morning lessons because it gets hot! Hope your hubby enjoys the tennis!