We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido is really bad ?????

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 177
Lido is really bad ?????

The last review from the Grand Lido negril really scare me !!!! Its just unbelievable or its just the truth??? just read this :

“JUST SHUT IT DOWN!!”

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 17 July 2013 NEW

I just returned from a very disappointing stay at Grand Lido/Brezzes/ the soon to be Royalton.

Check In was a joke. They are so disorganized. Rooms were moldy and ants run rampant

Shower floods the bathroom every time you use it. You can only fit one person on the balcony at one time. The beach was an ash try to say the least. No music during the day. Sub par food. Rude service. No entertainment at all. The second to last day we were there the tiny pool was so cloudy and the hot tub broke. We were told they would not fix it until peak season. So very sad. We left and went to the RIU had a blast there.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter were you stay in that resort its all garbage.

what do you think about that ?

Im going there at the end of september ,i dont know what to do ??

thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 8
11. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

My husband and I were there in January and back then reviews said similar things about the rooms. It really depends on which room you get as to what the shower will be like. With ours we seldom had hot water and the 8 big shower heads that looked so great didn't work. We never saw a bug though and no mold at all. I know other people had working showers. I agree the beach is great. We never expected there to be music. Yes the pool is tiny, but those types of things a person should know ahead of time because so many reviews mention it. One hot tub worked the whole time we were there and that was all we needed. We were very happy with the place in general and would love to return. How things like service, entertainment, and food are now that it's under new management is left to be seen.

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 16
12. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Was there on Tuesday on a day pass. It is hard to give accurate review based upon a few hours. But one thing I noticed that there was music playing around the main pool, had not heard that before. Also the activities staff were busy and playing games around main and CO pool. In fact won some rum with one! Are there updates that I feel need to expedited, YES. One is they really need to put back floaties on the chairs ASAP. People love these and I think that would be relatively easy to do. The resort was below capacity. The prices are really good now, don't think I would hesitate if you have already booked.

Ottawa, Canada
13. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

It's all what you make of it. If you intend to have a good time - you will. No place is perfect (and BGN as it was prior to the sale was - less than so. That said, we LOVED the place in any iteration and found it to be a great value. Treat the staff with respect and they will return ten fold.

In my view you can rest easy, you will enjoy. Just go in without any pre conceived notions of what you are going into. relax, have a bevvy and enjoy the one of the finest locations anywhere.

Recommend Cove. Folks are very friendly and the best snorkelling.

Playa del Carmen...
reviews: 2
14. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Hello moineauQc: We have more reviews.

Joins us in facebook and twitter for news and updates.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 11
15. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

I just came from a tour of the Lido a few days ago (today is July 27). they are trying to sell time shares, this property just purchased by developers who also bought the starfish in trelawny and are renovating it. The property that i saw was beautiful, rooms nice (at least the one they showed me) and the food was great, but I stress that they are aggressive in getting people to buy time share, so perhaps the parts of the resort they did not show me werent great, although everything i saw was quite nice. It's a huge resort so if you are looking for intimacy i would look else where. There is a beautiful beach, one nude, one regular as well. good luck!

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 4
16. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Never thought of GLN as 'huge', then again we've been to a Bahia 2000 room place... but only once... I think GLN is something like 220 rooms, but I suppose whether you consider it huge or not depends on your own frame of reference. :-)

Kentucky
reviews: 10
17. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

My wife and I have been there 7 times, including the last year it was Grand Lido, then as Breezes, and most recently in June after Blue Diamond took over. The resort described as bad??? is not the same resort we have been to. We love it. Yes, not everything is perfect but for the price you can't beat it for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful beach with great staff and good food.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 24
18. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

I just returned from a stay at CN, and did tour the GLN. There were a few things taking place at the resort, which imo were very disturbing. First it was the large speakers on the main beach, that had music going VERY loud, and not just during aerobics time. It was not good music either, had way too much bass. I can not even imagine trying to relax on the beach on the days, they had the music cranked up very loud for hours.

They now have loud speakers on the beach, and in the dining area, where they very loudly announce activities and games. Good luck relaxing.

The ocean floats are now gone.

I do not think Blue Diamond has decided what type of clientele they want to attract to their resort. Spoke with a couple with teenage daughters, who was told they want to make GLN a more party and fun resort ( which actually appeared to be the direction they were headed). However, they told us, they want to make it more of the atmosphere the old Grand Lido reflected.

The beach was not picked up well, and the pink chair cushions ( which I think have been there since we visited a few years ago), were just scattered all over the beach.

Also, now they are telling people they will not close the resort for renovations, but instead do it building by building, and add a 3rd story to all the buildings. However, who knows, What they tell people changes constantly.

I know someday they will get this resort cleaned up in better shape, but who knows how long that will be , and the atmosphere they want to reflect when completed.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 24
19. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

it is sad to see happen. But the truth is that this resort has been in a decline for several years and now with a management team not sure which direction to go in, they seem to operating based on popular opinion or at the very least what was being said here on TA, they seem very confused.

I think that when Blue Diamond took over they have had a clear plan of what they wanted to do with the property and what direction they were headed in. In the begining they were headed to a "family" resort. Then so many loyalist to Breezes and Grand Lido expressed their disappointment that it would be a family resort, they changed direction and just kept changing.

Hopefuly they will be able to find their identity and make it work.

Lakeland, Florida
20. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

I have seen other people complain about loud music or announcements in the dining area. That would bother me too. This is the first that I remember loudspeakers on the beach. That doesn't sound relaxing. We probably will be on the nude beach though.

It appears to me, based on reading all the most recent reviews, that there are some serious problems with the rooms, but the food and the service is very good. So long as we don't get one of the suicide mission tubs, I think we'll be fine..