We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido is really bad ?????

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 178
Lido is really bad ?????

The last review from the Grand Lido negril really scare me !!!! Its just unbelievable or its just the truth??? just read this :

“JUST SHUT IT DOWN!!”

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 17 July 2013 NEW

I just returned from a very disappointing stay at Grand Lido/Brezzes/ the soon to be Royalton.

Check In was a joke. They are so disorganized. Rooms were moldy and ants run rampant

Shower floods the bathroom every time you use it. You can only fit one person on the balcony at one time. The beach was an ash try to say the least. No music during the day. Sub par food. Rude service. No entertainment at all. The second to last day we were there the tiny pool was so cloudy and the hot tub broke. We were told they would not fix it until peak season. So very sad. We left and went to the RIU had a blast there.

Room Tip: It doesn't matter were you stay in that resort its all garbage.

what do you think about that ?

Im going there at the end of september ,i dont know what to do ??

thanks

Minneapolis...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Wow.......Don't beat around the bush, what do you REALLY think? lol

New York
2. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Thank you for your feedback...call your credit card company

Milwaukee, WI.
reviews: 3
3. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Expectations weren't met.

OR

Went with a negative attitude looking for things to complain about.

OR

Sat in the back of the bus on the way back to the airport, got car sick and rethought the whole vacation based on the ride.

If everything in the review were gospel truth, the resort should be closed, but I highly doubt that most of it was true.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

All reviews are subjective, that said we extended our stay for the end of September, cause any day in Negril is better then a day at work! The beach on Bloody Bay is spectacular, and the staff here are really good, and the deals to go here are amazing at the moment. I am sure moineauQc that you will have a great time, remember a holiday is what you make of it, and again the water and beach there beats anything at home.

new york
reviews: 49
5. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Well, there is a reason why this place is in the process of being renovated, the last time we stayed June 2012- the rooms really NEEDED the renos and most hot tubs were broken, because of this we wont return until it IS renovated. Never had a second floor room, but agree they are small, other than that the staff and beach are wonderful.

Quebec City, Canada
6. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

I bought my trip in may and i figure til september they 're gonna make some improvements,upgrade or just do something new,its not in their plan til september thats what they said to me on their facebook page...

thanks for your time

new york
reviews: 49
7. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Just enjoy yourself! You will be in GOOD hand there!!!! Ask for Taniff and Renee.. very classy ladies, you cant go wrong :)

Quebec City, Canada
8. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Do you really know a place where the staff is not good ? When i read a review and they said the staff is good its just normal , its not helpful for me .

Edited: 2:14 pm, July 18, 2013
Florida
reviews: 16
9. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

"Shower floods the bathroom every time you use it. You can only fit one person on the balcony at one time."

Those things have been true for years.

But weren't really fatal flaws in the past. If other things are fine, those are relatively minor issues. Does sound like a host of issues added up to a bad time for the reviewer. I'd still be willing to take a chance on the place if the price was good enough if for no other reason that the fact that it has a great beach. But you'd definitely want to go in with appropriate expectations.

Seattle
reviews: 12
10. Re: Lido is really bad ?????

Is this a review posted here on TA? I would look at what other reviews or forum contributions this same poster has made. That can tell you a lot.

suze