We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril excursions

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durant, Oklahoma...
reviews: 4
Negril excursions

We are looking for some really great excursions in Negril the first week in July. Please advise.

United States
reviews: 87
1. Re: Negril excursions

Here is a list

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147313-c151729/Negri…

Connecticut
reviews: 1
2. Re: Negril excursions

For many, a stay in Negril is the excursion: beach, pubs, eateries, snorkeling, beach, scuba, beach, repeat.

Then there is my favorite: the walk from my beach lounger to the bar and then back again to check that the water color did not change.

Negril has powerful sand gravity, so over planning prior to arrival opens the on-the-beach discussion as to what to postpone to the second, third, fourth, fifth visit.

It was not until my tenth trip that I went to YS Falls and that location has become better since that visit (tubing, zip lines). I did enjoy the Black River Safari. Do not even think about a butt-numbing trip to the North Coast; not for your first visit to Negril (4 or more hours each way).

So, leave your WhyFi gizmo in the room safe until the day you leave and enjoy the startling reality that Negril offers and delivers. If you are not staying on Long Bay (the long section of the 7-mile beach), take a taxi to Cosmo's, have lunch on the beach, then turn left and start walking.

Durant, Oklahoma...
3. Re: Negril excursions

Thanks so much for the info...I like to plan, but with flexibility.

Connecticut
4. Re: Negril excursions

Forgot to add, the lobster season opens from a 3 month closure on July 1.

Consider an evening lobster dinner at Ivan's (at Catcha Falling Star resort) for a sunset dinner even if staying at an AI. The ultra-AIs will have lobster night(s) in July.

Connecticut
5. Re: Negril excursions

Beth, it is nice to have a list (thinking model) of what excursions around Negril might be possible.

I suggest that for a week's visit, many find that one (max two) day trips can be acomplished.

Quebec City, Canada
reviews: 187
6. Re: Negril excursions

close From negril you have the blue hole or Mayfields falls for the rest its really far

Savannah, Georgia
reviews: 30
7. Re: Negril excursions

You could go to the roaring river or blue hole. Also check out long bay beach park.

ottawa
reviews: 13
8. Re: Negril excursions

We did Black River/YS Falls in Feb and it was an interesting trip but LONGGGG. We were gone all day. There were a lot of complaints on the bus of the long, long drive. YS had ziplining, though, and those that did it had a blast. This time and last year we did the catamaran trip which stops at Rick's. It was fun but shop around because there seems to be a huge fluctuation with the prices (between 50-100 for very similar packages).

Virginia
reviews: 131
9. Re: Negril excursions

I agree with HDM, limit yourself to one or two excursions, especially if this is your first trip to Negril. It took us 3 trips to leave Negril on an excursion, there's just so much to do (or not do) there.

Durant, Oklahoma...
10. Re: Negril excursions

Thanks to all of you for your help!