We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Overland Park, KS
reviews: 8
Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Greetings:

First time visitors to Negril and we're seeking opinions on whether to stay at either the Grand Lido or the Riu Palace. It's our 25th anniversary and my wife's 50th birthday. We plan on hanging out at the beach and relaxing, taking a trip to Rick's Café and that's about it. We've done AI in Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo and we like the ease of it. Thank you in advance for your thoughts and ideas. Looking forward to Negril!

United States
reviews: 64
1. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Both resorts will work fine for what you say you want.

You do not say when you want to go to Jamaica. The Grand Lido is currently being(?)/is about to be(?) remodeled. You should call the hotel directly to find out when the remodeling will take place and what the plans for the remodeling are before you decide.

St. Catharines...
2. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Palace is much nicer...Lido under construction....if you have the money Couples Negril is ThE BEST......no kids too which is to us important...we are returning for our fifth stay in Negril.....we have also stayed at Sunset at the Palms which we love too..very boutique..across road from beach but literally less than a two minute walk.....best grilled snapper in the world at their beac grill....so if I were you my first pick would be Couples Negrl, then SATP then Palace then Lido

Milwaukee, WI.
reviews: 3
3. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Have to agree with Shelly on waiting for the dust to settle at Grand Lido. I will never recommend staying at the purple palace.(RIU) Couples and SATP are both great choices.

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

I am hearing very good reports from recent visitors to GLN. There is a facebook page for them, and answered from management are given on a daily basis. Everyone is loving it!!!! Can't wait to go back! If we had not already booked CSA for July, we would be going.

Edinboro...
5. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Sheila:

thank you for the info...will check Grand lido out ....have stayed at the Riu Tropical Bay had a nice time but did not like what they are doing to hotel guests...they stopped at this Goat Farm..the goat was cute did not get to pet him...& then I got stung for this really high bar bill...the owner did not thank anyone & had the nerve to charge everyone for warm beer...& he did not smile...we were 10 mins away from the hotel...

Calgary
reviews: 11
6. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Dreadlock Tommy....was this an excursion from the hotel or somewhere they stopped while being transported to the hotel...dont understand how a hotel would take you 10 mins away to see goats...which are everywhere! how are they `doing this to hotel guests` was everyone at the hotel required to go to the goat farm ...none of this really makes sense.

Calgary
7. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Check out Charela as well, they have an all inclusive plan....and heard the food is VERY good...much smaller and more intimate place for an anniversary and birthday celebration than a RIU...and on what most would say is the nicest ...or one of the nicest stretch of beach in negril.

http://www.charela.com/rates.html

Edinboro...
8. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Alberta:

Thank you so much for the great tip...this what happened the driver calls about 10 min before he gets to the goat bar...we were 10 mins from the hotel & they stop at these place why pull over...I know it does not make any sense

have a great week

New York
9. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Looking for a new hotel ...when will the sales start for the new year ..do here a lot of good things about couples

Toronto
10. Re: Grand Lido or Riu Palace

Couples Negril is absolutely amazing.... stayed there twice, and i'm going back with my hubby in April.

The price of CN is totally worth it as there is SO much included with the price.... including tips.

I am going to RIU Tropical Palace in October with my best friend.... and it is going to be a shock to my system after staying at Couples... I am doing a serious downgrade I think, haha.