We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotels in Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
reviews: 1
New hotels in Negril

Any new hotels in Negril?

18 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Negril
1. Re: New hotels in Negril

Jane

Welcome to the TA Jamaica forums. As far as <new> resorts in Negril look for updates in the future for Azul Sensatori Negril by Karisma on Long Bay (the old Poincianna and subsequently Beaches Sandy Bay property) expected to be completed sometime before winter of 2014. <read a ground up renovation of this magnatude, pools, rooms, etc., is hard to place a transparent timeline as unexpected delays are inevitable in JA>. The announced plan is family AI with an adults only section.

Rochester, New York
2. Re: New hotels in Negril

Great. I will stay tune.

Destination Expert
for Negril
3. Re: New hotels in Negril

Jane

I forgot to mention in my previous post that after Beaches Sandy Bay closed and Karisma took over the property, it was operating under the name Seashore Bay Beach Resort for a short time until May 8th of this year when they closed for renovations. This information may be helpful when checking for updates on the property as some updates may be posted under threads making reference to Seashore Bay Beach Resort.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 23
4. Re: New hotels in Negril

I am wondering why a "new" resort matters?

There are some great resorts in Negril that are not new but very well kept.

Kingston, Canada
5. Re: New hotels in Negril

The Wild Parrot could be categorized as a new resort depending on how 'new' it is for the OP.

Rochester, New York
6. Re: New hotels in Negril

There are great hotels in Negril you are correct. However, I was told a new hotel was coming along and wanted to know where and when.

Rochester, New York
7. Re: New hotels in Negril

Laugh Out Loud

United States
reviews: 60
8. Re: New hotels in Negril

If 'new' means major upgrade of an existing property, then there is the Azul Sensatori Negril by Karisma (aka Poincianna, aka Beaches Sandy Bay, aka Seashore Bay) as mentioned above is one property. You can also add to the list of resorts doing major upgrades: Hedonism II and Grand Negril (aka Breezes Grand Negril, aka Grand Lido Negril). As to true 'new' construction I have not seen any significant amount of it recently (the last few years) except for the Little Bay Country Club which is not a true resort but a condo project. This property is located next to the RIU ClubHotel Negril. It is being marketed as a beachfront, gated community and while currently still under construction it, or at least some parts of it, appear to be nearing completion.

Playa del Carmen...
reviews: 2
9. Re: New hotels in Negril

Hello Janegril: We are Grand Lido Negril, we are in the same building than Breezes and we gonna have renovations on 2014.

You can follow us in facebook and twitter for news and updates. Keep in touch

Nampa, Idaho
reviews: 29
10. Re: New hotels in Negril

Hey blues, wild parrot annonced they arent renewing their lease so not sure what will happen there

Reply to: New hotels in Negril
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted