We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia...
reviews: 13
Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Hi All,

My husband and I will be heading to Negril in late May to celebrate our 5th Anniversary and his birthday. We will be arriving on a Friday and staying until Thursday. We are currently booked in a Honeymoon Beachfront Grand Luxe Concierge room. I want to do something special for my husband's birthday and thought about reserving a beach bungalow. Has anyone had experience with them? How much was it and how did you go about reserving it? I figured it would be the best reserve ahead of time...

I am also curious about the scuba course on property. Any experience?

We have reserved space on the One Love Bus for Sunday and are really excited about that, too! Should we plan for another excursion too? I don't want to plan for too much. I thought I read somewhere that the Honeymoon Concierge rooms came with a couples massage...did I read that correctly?

Thanks in advance for any insider tips!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
reviews: 71
1. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Why not book the 100 Candles Dinner at Ivans or the Rock Table at Rock House for the ultimate romantic dinner? Either would be quite special and you could experience the cliffs, totally different from the beach and the AI experience.

Marietta, Georgia
reviews: 108
2. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Rock Table at RockHouse is a great idea---

Oya is a local woman Massage Therapist who will come to your location with her table and does a great job--

my wife and I had an hour each while staying on the cliffs last year----I think she charges about $60 an hour....

jamaicamassages.com

Cali
reviews: 20
3. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Definitely get off the resort and go to Ivan's! You don't even need the 100 candles- it's just so romantic to go at sunset !!!

Scuba course- what did you want to know?? I got open water and advanced cert while there- some of the best dive crew around!! The resort course allows you to dive shallow dives - 11:30 am up to around 40 ft once a day for your entire stay ( which I believe is good for up to a year). There's a short intro and a pool check out and you're good to go. Do it, you won't be disappointed!!

Regarding the couples massage- are you signature guests? Did you book with a travel agent? Not sure what special you booked under but it's possible it did say couples massage included. Check all your paperwork and bring it with you- they have a tendency to lose those types of things!!!

anadarko, ok
reviews: 14
4. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

We stayed 7 nights last year and had a spa credit of $150 I think. This year we're splitting 10 nights between SN & SWH. Since we aren't staying 6+ nights at either, we don't get spa credits. If you aren't there for 6 nights, you might not. Just ask.

I agree on Ivan's. best experience we've had in JA! Have your concierge call and make reservation for your anniversary dinner. They'll send a taxi for you. You just have to pay for the return trip. We can't wait to go back in June!

Milford...
reviews: 455
5. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Agree about the dive crew here.....we also got our AOW cert at SN....Hubby really appreciated the time spent with him honing his underwater photography skills.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Savannah, Georgia...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

Lots of great ideas! Thanks!

How long is the diving certification course? I am thinking he would just take the beginning course so he gets a chance to dive while we are on our trip.

7. Re: Sandals in late May...help with the small details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2014