We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point Village

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
reviews: 15
Point Village

Does anyone know if the truck bearing fresh produce still comes to the gate at Point Village on Mondays? If not,where would the best place be to buy locally? Thanks!

Bodega, California
reviews: 2
1. Re: Point Village

There is a "green" supermarket next door to the HiLo shopping plaza called Quality Traders - when my veg guy doesn't come to the yard, that's where I go for fresh produce if I'm downtown. If I need to run and get something on the fly Wise Choice is my closest grocery (across from Catcha Falling Star) and M&L (across from SamSara) is also a good place.

I will sometimes find fresh produce that is not "shrink wrapped" at Value Master but if I'm in town, the green grocery store is my first choice.

And...FYI...there is a farmers market in Negril I believe the third Wednesday of each month. Staff at PV will know if its happening (because it doesn't always). Its down by the community center (downtown) and farmers come from all over the island - its a fantastic place to shop for fruit and veggies. Also a bonus - all the prices are set by RADA so you'll be paying much lower prices than you would maybe from your veg truck or in the store.

missouri
2. Re: Point Village

Wonderful information. Thank you. Any ideas for meat and fish?

United States
reviews: 87
3. Re: Point Village

"Does anyone know if the truck bearing fresh produce still comes to the gate at Point Village on Mondays?"

I have seen him there recently but know if he comes every week. You might also go to the bus shelter next to the employee entrance (back gate) to the former Breezes. There is a lady there most days with fresh produce for sale.

missouri
4. Re: Point Village

Great! Thanks!

Negril, Jamaica
reviews: 6
5. Re: Point Village

Yes, the veg truck still visits Point on Mondays.

-RastaCrab

Bodega, California
reviews: 2
6. Re: Point Village

Meat and fish - well, meat like beef and chicken you can get in any of the three large supermarkets in town. You can also get fish there as well. Just make sure you check the dates on anything packaged.

There is a butcher in Sheffield - you place your order and go on Fridays for fresh cut pork or beef. The beef is not aged so you might want to marinate and keep it in your fridge for a day or two.

You have many options for fish. You can go to the fishing village and get fish freshly caught off the boat. Many times I miss the mark on that timing-wise (usually early in the morning and around 4:00pm are the best times for that) so I go to a fish market, again, on the west end, across from Mary's Bay.

Edited: 9:30 am, April 25, 2013
missouri
7. Re: Point Village

Thanks all, for the tips! It's been a couple years since I have stayed at The Point and needed refreshed.Love the quietness.Will post how it goes!

8. Re: Point Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 27, 2014