We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Jamaica with a group

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
First time to Jamaica with a group

My friends and I are exploring options for a trip to Jamaica at the end of March 2013, we are a group of 8-10 single males between 25 and 30.

My research on Tripadvisor tells me Negril would be the best option for us. Were looking for a great night life and up beat days on the beach.

I read a lot of things about Hedo but I think the crowd there is beyond our age group. Could someone please suggest a hotel all inclusive with the interests I stipulated above?

Many thanks!

Canada
reviews: 6
1. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Your group age Negril is perfect... Hedo is your group age as well. If you want to go where the beach bunnies are and nudist are that is the place to go

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Hedo majority client is 20 something as is most Negril.

As for AI resort Hedo is probable one of two you would be interested in. Couple and Sandals cater to Newly weds, and Beaches caters to families with children, RIU both newlyweds and families The only other one I can think of is Breeses which is a mixed crowd and not known for singles.

Hedo assuming it is not a special week for Gays and Lesbians caters to single people looking to hook up, or married couples looking to swap partners.

Edited: 11:23 pm, November 22, 2012
America, The...
reviews: 51
3. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Couples does not cater to newlyweds. Couples caters to couples.

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Single males far outnumber single women at Hedo. The chances of you hooking up are highly competitive.

The comment about the majority of people being in their 20s is totally false, not only at Hedo but throughout Negril. There are large numbers of people in every age group from 20 through to late 60s and no majority age group at all. Do not be mislead by some who know little about the destination other than what they read on the internet.

In Negril the non-all inclusives outnumber the all-inclusives by at least 5 to 1. The party in Negril is what you make it, and can be anywhere anytime along the entire 7 mile beach. There are restaurants and bars lining the beach. There is no reason to restrict yourself to the all-inclusive resort options. Have a look at the map you can download in www.negrilinfo.com as well as all the information one needs to know about Negril. A large number of resorts can be found in www.negrilonestop.com a highly recommended booking agent.

Edited: 6:31 am, November 23, 2012
America, The...
reviews: 51
5. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Thank you, BP. I figured I would only correct the bit of info I was 100% certain was a falsehood, but was hoping that someone with larger knowledge of Negril would correct the rest. I am glad that you and others with actual knowledge of Negril are here to help first time visitors.

Toronto
6. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Thanks for all the great info.

So basically I should be looking into a Villa for our group. I hope I can find one that's close to all the action i.e bars, clubs, restaurants etc.

Calgary
reviews: 11
7. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Suggest just picking a hotel on 7 mile beach close to the action.

This place is well located and have heard as low as $75/night

http://www.roomsresorts.com/negril.asp

or maybe a couple cottages at this place:

http://www.nirvananegril.com/cottages.html

Can't think of of a villa on the beach that would accommodate this sized group that would be reasonable priced.

Olney
8. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Good advice from BP. I would guess Wes and bpinch have never been to Hedo judging from their comments. For one thing, the OP would find that most guests are his parent's age.

Dallas, Texas
9. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Oh I do not know about that, I just returned from there a few weeks ago. Majority of the guest was 20 something. Yes like any place you will see some 30, 40, and 50 something but all added up the 20 something was the major majority.

I do not think BP has ever been to Jamaica based on the fact he only has 1 review for a resort in Cuba. Check it out for yourself.

Kingston, Canada
reviews: 1
10. Re: First time to Jamaica with a group

Wes H,

I've been going to Jamaica frequently since 1978 and have travelled around most of the island. In Negril I have stayed at 18 different resorts over the years, many of them multiple times. I was a DE for Negril for a while too. Reviews are not important to me. If you have any questions about Negril I will do my best to provide factual first hand experience.

Edited: 3:54 pm, November 23, 2012