Before I get to my questions, I’d like to share my story that leads up to my questions. I think it’s kind of fun!
Sandals Negril was next on our bucket list and we excitedly booked our trip during our stay in Antigua. A few months after booking a few things happened that made it necessary to rethink our vacation budget. I needed to tighten the belt a bit. I already had our flights (purchased with miles) so shortening the duration of our trip was not an option. OK, well maybe next year for Negril. I ended up changing our reservation to SGR. SGR had just completed the renovations and the resort looks beautiful. I convinced myself that the beach didn’t matter (it does though, for me it really does). So for the past 5 months my focus has been on SGR and Ocho Rios.
Then... 2 weeks ago I get a phone call from Sandals.. “Congratulations, you are one of our Grand Prize winners and have won 3 nights at the Sandals/Beaches resort of your choice”! Shut the front door!!! Get out of town!!! Stuff like this just doesn’t happen to me. I can’t even win the medium fry at McDonalds!
So guess what that means... Sandals Negril is now within my budget! I looked up our dates and as luck would have it, they still have rooms available (we’re only about 90 days out now). They only have the 2nd and 3rd lowest and the butler categories available. Of course the butler, not within the budget, but the 2 lower ones are. I’m thinking of going with the Caribbean Luxury (3rd one up) and then hoping the high categories don’t book up and they move some lucky honeymooner into those and move us up to a basic ocean view ( a girl can dream). If I am correct, the 2nd lowest category doesn’t have a patio or a balcony, right? That’s a necessity for us. Honestly though, just being in Negril is good enough for me. We don’t spend much time in the room anyway.
So now, my questions:
1. Is there any construction planned for Feb/March 2013? I’ve read about a pier and about a jetty being built. Anyone know anything about either of those?
2. What do they have in the way of nightly entertainment? At SGSL they had great live bands that played every night from about 9 to 11. We aren’t night owls so this was perfect for us. If they do have something like this, where?
3. Any recommendations on excursions?
4. Return Guest dinner – what’s it like? A large wedding for strangers? I’m hoping with the size of the resort it will be more intimate? Where do they hold it? What do they serve?
5. Do they serve lobster at any of the restaurants or beach party? SWH and SAT we had lobster, SGSL no lobster. We always go in March, so during open season.
6. How is the snorkeling?
OK – I think I’ve rambled on enough! Happy Thanksgiving! I have to go stuff my turkey now! LOL