We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 17
Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

I have been to Negril and was blown away by the fantastic beach. Clearest, warmest water ever, and so calm. At the time I was staying in Montego Bay and wished that I had booked a hotel in Negril as I was just there for a day trip. I am looking to travel with a young family to the Caribbean next year. (With a 2 and 4 year old) I want plenty to do (dolphin parks etc) so seem to have settled on Dominican Rep, but does any one know of a Dom Rep beach that compares to Negril? Or if not Dom Rep, anywhere else in Caribbean that also has places for kids to visit (dolphin parks etc!) Thanks

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
reviews: 67
41. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Here is my favourite place in all of the Carribean... Isla Mujeres... Make sure to check it out In Full screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ4ZTovd2G8

Liverpool
42. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Thanks...looks amazing! we did mexico in 2010 and hope to return there again in the next year or so. heading off to dominican in june (chose punta cana over other caribbean resorts mostly as there seemed more to entertain young kids) thanks again!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
43. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Take a look at Silver Sands in Duncans Bay, Jamaica. There are a variety of private villas (with staff) to rent, so you have your own pool and living areas and lots of privacy, yet you are within a community with a lovely shared beach, bar, restaurant, clubhouse. You can get around on foot or golf cart (many of the further away villas have them). You are only 45 minutes from the airport and yet smack in the middle of many, many things to do with kids if they tire of beach and pool.

I think villas are the way to go with children...your private chef makes whatever meals you want when you want them, the kids can sit at the table and eat or run around or whatever they want to do. Kids can nap in their rooms while the adults hang out by the pool...it's really, for my family anyway, the easiest/best/least hassle with little ones.

If you choose to return to Negril there are also a few villas for rent there, not as many as Silver Sands with full staff, etc., but Crystal Waters is one on the beach.

Either way you'll probably have to book your air and hotel/villa separately as few of these places are offered on mass package deals.

Liverpool
44. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Thanks for all your replies everyone! have booked to go in June to bavaro beach in punta cana, dom rep. Lots of good suggestions in there though to consider when booking next years holiday which will be the first thing i do when we get back!

New York
45. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Punta Cana

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 30
46. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

The island of St. Croix, USVI has some beautiful beaches. Akumal, Mexico is lovely as well.

I would go to Cuba in a heartbeat if we were allowed. But so be it.

Edited: 9:49 pm, April 30, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 84
47. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Parrot Caye T&C

Ottawa, Canada
48. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

antigua - hawksbill or jolly beach. the island is stunning.

Kearney, Nebraska
reviews: 6
49. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

You will like the DR we have been there three times. What resort are you staying at?

michigan
reviews: 14
50. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

I just returned from Isla Mujeres Mexico 2 weeks ago. It was my third time there and has captured a piece of my heart, just as Negril has. We split our stay between 2 hotels and one was a bed and breakfast called Casa Sirena. It was the most special experience that I have ever had staying at a hotel. It's truly a gem and I can understand why it's so highly rated on TA. Isla is a magical place just like Negril.