We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 15
Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

I have been to Negril and was blown away by the fantastic beach. Clearest, warmest water ever, and so calm. At the time I was staying in Montego Bay and wished that I had booked a hotel in Negril as I was just there for a day trip. I am looking to travel with a young family to the Caribbean next year. (With a 2 and 4 year old) I want plenty to do (dolphin parks etc) so seem to have settled on Dominican Rep, but does any one know of a Dom Rep beach that compares to Negril? Or if not Dom Rep, anywhere else in Caribbean that also has places for kids to visit (dolphin parks etc!) Thanks

Destination Expert
for Negril
1. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Dare I say this in the Negril forum but Grace Bay Beach in Providenciales Turks and Caicos is mesmerizingly beautiful. It does not have the same vibe as Negril but the beach is perfect in every way.

Your kids would love Beaches Turks with plenty of kids activities. No dolphin park in Provo but the snorkeling is fantastic. They have a great waterpark and surf simulator. It is pricy but worth it IMO and IME as we have been many times. Just went in June and booked for 1st week in April 2013.

If u scuba like we do some of the best in the Caribbean. Voted #1 beach in the Caribbean this year by TA.

Oxford, Alabama
2. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Grand Cayman has a beautiful 7 mi beach. Dont miss the dolphin parks, your kids will have a blast!!

Virginia
reviews: 11
3. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

I second Grace Bay in Turks. Hard to beat!

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 39
4. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Long Bay and Bloody Bay in Negril are superb, but there are many other beaches that are better in different ways. Long Bay is fun and busy, with constant hustlers. Bloody Bay is peaceful, but more limited and fully developed. A couple of other different options (with apologies to the OP, since these are more for adults than kids):

Miles of wide, empty idyllic beach with a nice offshore breeze - Tulum, MX.

Variety of gorgeous beaches with upscale lodging & dining - Anguilla.

Warm, calm beachfront snorkeling - Akumal, MX

Liverpool
5. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

thanks for these responses so far. We are flying from manchester in the UK, so cannot fly direct to turks and caicos, anguilla or caymen isles. with a 2 yr old, i dont want a connecting flight (10 hours is enough from the UK!) & also Akumal has a 2 hr coach transfer from cancun, so again would rule that out with kids after 10 hours flying! Thats why i feel quite restricted to dom rep or cuba, but again, with kids want a bit more activiity than lying on a sunbed! Thanks!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
reviews: 38
6. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Playa del Carmen is a god choice... Easy commute from cancun... About half hour. Puerto morales is good, too.

Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
reviews: 39
7. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Playa del Carmen is an excellent suggestion. Lots of large family-oriented AI hotels, nice long beach with busy & quiet spots and some good snorkeling areas. Plenty of activities for kids at the AIs and around the town (not sure if they have a dolphin swim, but I suspect so). Nearby Cozumel might be another good option - a little smaller and more laid back than Playa. World-class snorkeling and I'm pretty sure they do have a dolphin swim.

Liverpool
8. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Went there last year! Am I a lost cause??!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Negril
reviews: 65
9. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

we have been to almost all the Caribbean islands and most have a jaw dropping beach from St Thomas, the American and British Virgin Islands to Barbados, St Lucia, St Martin, for ease of flight and beach we travel to Jamaica, so close to ATL and a short non stop flight, but there are so many beautiful beaches besides Negril, do some more research and also see if there are any non stops to other islands....so many choices.....

Calgary
reviews: 11
10. Re: Any beaches in Caribbean as nice as Negril?

Maybe take a look at Holguin, Cuba (or other areas of Cuba). The beaches in Cayo Coco are beautiful, soft sand and calm waters....but did find some undertow when going a little further out. There is not much to do in CayoCoco as it was built for tourism, no towns close by but Holguin may have more to offer.

www.gocuba.ca/client/destinations/show.php…