We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tours all around Jamaica

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
reviews: 140
tours all around Jamaica

are there any types of day tours that go all around the Island? like a whole round about or tour of all aspects of Jamaica etc?

What companies do such a thing? thanks

Norwalk, Connecticut
reviews: 68
1. Re: tours all around Jamaica

You cannot get all around the island in one fell swoop.

Many issues in doing so.

Go make your first visit and understand more about this country----then plan more grandios travel arrangements.

This country is NOT like backbacking through Europe and staying in hostels.

You need to understand more to safely and reasonably get around and visit the very different areas and terrains of Jamaica !

Nampa, Idaho
reviews: 29
2. Re: tours all around Jamaica

Definitely agree with WANTOOTRAV. It would be difficult for an experienced traveler to Jamaica to travel around the island in 3 days. My suggestion would be pick a place like Negril and do some day trips. Depending on the length of your vacation you could fit 2 full day trips into a 6 day vacation. Plan on Spending a day touring the North Coast-Falmouth, Runaway Bay and Maybe Ochi. Then you could do the South Coast-Treasure Beach, Black River. Keep in mind that they will both be LONG days, 10+ hours, depending on what you do. What ever you do, take the time to enjoy Jamaica and it's wonderful people and culture!

Calgary
reviews: 11
3. Re: tours all around Jamaica

check out www.negrilonestop.com for tour info and hotels too.

I would suggest a day tour down to Treasure Beach area - Appleton Rum Estates Tour/Waterfalls/Pelican Bar are a few things you can do in the area - Little Ochi for great seafood.

Negril Relax may be a good AI choice for you.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 16
4. Re: tours all around Jamaica

i've heard about and from people who hired a driver and drove around the island... you don't get out of the car but for biobreaks, but you can see a lot..

i suggest just getitng the name of a private driver and hiring them for a day, tell them in advance you basically want to see as much as you can...

Chelle

Ohio
reviews: 2
5. Re: tours all around Jamaica

I remember Alrick Allen posted on his facebook page about the 7 day all island tour he did for his guests.

You can contact him at www.yourjamaicantourguide.com

Los Angeles...
reviews: 15
6. Re: tours all around Jamaica

I know an amazing driver, also fluent in German, who does multi-day tours anywhere, including around the island. He is licensed and fully insured.

Derricks Tours -slick2969@hotmail.com and on Face Book -Derrick M. Jones.

Bodega, California
reviews: 2
7. Re: tours all around Jamaica

Give me a motorcycle and a map. One day - soon. VERY soon!

Toronto
reviews: 9
8. Re: tours all around Jamaica

In June I travelled around Jamaica, but took my time over 10 days with stays in Ocho Rios, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach, Negril and Montego Bay.

Barrett Adventure will arrange a guided tour, with accomodations, around Jamaica - http://www.barrettadventures.com/

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 43
9. Re: tours all around Jamaica

Barretts would be a great choice, and they also happen to rep some neat cottages/hotels/places to stay so that seems a natural. But many drivers and tour companies will do it.

barrettadventures.com/home-3/multi-day-tours

reviews: 1
10. Re: tours all around Jamaica

I would advise anyone coming to Jamaica looking for a tour to avoid Derricks tours. He goes by the name Mike. His full name is Derrick Michael Jones. He speaks both American and German. However this guy is dangerous and he's not licensed or insured. He will demand outrageous amounts of $ at the end of the tour. Become completely irrational and could cause you harm. He actually locked myself and a friend of mine on his property. We had to call the police, it was just a huge scarry headache. I would avoid him at all costs.