We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
RDU, NC
reviews: 2
We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

The Jamaica commercial others have spoke of, "Jamaica, once you go, you know" are so true. After my husband and I went to Sans Souci last year, we are now planning our 2nd trip to Jamaica for our 10th anniversary. We nearly booked a trip to St. Lucia, but Jamaica has lured us back. There must be a reason we keep buying Red Stripe...:-)

Anyway, we are planning to stay at Couples Swept Away in Negril,and I was wondering are are some good excursions in the area. We did Dunn's River Falls in Ochie and loved it. However, we don't want to travel too far. Needles to say, I get a little nauseous with the Jamaican driving. As one of of the Sans Souci drivers put it: "In the US people drink and drive. In Jamaica, they smoke and fly."

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
11. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

FYI the Half Moon day cruise goes to Half Moon beach which is just northeast of Negril - NOT the same as Half Moon resort which is aobut 20 minutes east of Montego Bay.

:)

Fort Lauderdale, FL
reviews: 3
12. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

My husband and I did the Mayfield Falls tour and thought it was great! It was closer than YS. We also did the Rhino tour. It was the best! You take a little zippy boat, tour up and down the beach and along a river. Then go snorkeling by a cave. It was such a blast! I would highly recommend it.

Have a great time!

WI
13. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

Shellfish,

What was the price for the Rhino boat and snorkeling? Thanks,

TnT

Fort Lauderdale, FL
14. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

I think it was pretty pricey, $150(for both of us on one zippy boat), but well worth it.

RDU, NC
15. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

Thanks, OhLiz for clarifying the 1/2 Moon tour. I thought it was a cruise to Montego Bay area.

Shellfush, thanks for the advice about Mayfield and the Rhino tour.

Does anyone know if CSA arranges all of the tours, or do you have to go through independent tour brokers?

WI
16. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

Thanks Shellfish, Sounds like fun!

Fort Lauderdale, FL
17. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

I am sure they will arrange all of your tours for you. We booked our tours through the hotel, except the trip to Mayfield Falls. We hired a taxi for half a day. That was an experience! They drive like crazy people!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 6
18. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

Hello again NCGIRL,

I forgot to mention a nice experience to enjoy that is right in Negril.

http://jamaicarhinosafaris.com/

And finally, my alltime favourite thing to do in Jamaica is..... NOTHING.

No plans, except for what moves me to react after a slow and enjoyable breakfast.

I let the gently breeze and soft scent of the flowers and plants direct my attention.

I allow the sound system music in the background to move the rest of my body into action.

I hope that you will also learn to enjoy this pleasure.

RDU, NC
19. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

JohhnyBeGood,

Thanks for the web site for the rhino tour. Someone else also mentioned that it was a fun thing to do, so I'll check out their site to get a better idea and maybe see some pictures.

As far as doing nothing goes, that sounds wonderful, too. When we went to Sans Souci last year, we really enjoyed just hanging out on the beach or lounging in the pool. The good thing about the excursions is they are usually about 1/2 a day so you can get to see some other interesting things outside of the resort but still have some down time to relax. With 3 young children, my husband and I have learned to relish time to relax and do nothing. We each gained 5 pounds at Sans Souci - we attribute it to actually having the opportunity to eat without having to get up 10 times during each meal. :-)

IN
20. Re: We're going back...need help with Negril excursions

My husband and I stayed at Couples Swept Away in November 2004 and I too have been hooked ever since. Maybe it was because that is where we got engaged but I think it's because the place is so beautiful. We loved every second of our vacation. The staff is wonderful and they really take care of you there. It truly was a great experiance and I know we will be back there some time in the near future. One thing we really enjoyed that was actually included in our stay was the Catermeran Cruise(not sure if that's the correct spelling). It left right from the beach and you sailed the coast line and went down by the lighthouse and stopped to go swim in some caves by the cliff diving. We came back at sunset and it was absolutly gourgeous. For the off resort excursions we did the YS Falls, which were really amazing to see but the trip was very long. It was an all day event. I think it was at least a 2 hour drive or something. (one way) And we also went to the Appleton Estate, which again was a long ride but beautiful to see all the rainforest and the Bamboo Alley. Hope that is helpful.