We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Samsara

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
reviews: 5
Samsara

Am staying at the Samsara for a week starting 1/15/2005 - I have mixed feelings about all the negative postings online - All I want is a clean room with clean sheets - I do not spend any time in my room, except to sleep - I am there for the beach and the water - I know Samsara is on the Cliffs - choose it over legends as we love to snorkel! Have I made a mistake??

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 6
1. Re: Samsara

Hello quiltingtoad, I do not know what you have heard or read before. Who cares!! You have not made a mistake.

You have the right attitude and this is what counts. Clean sheets on your bed in a decent room is what you need on a holiday. The real excitement and experiences are going to be outside of the hotel.

http://www.maherconsulting.com/3dives

It's the best jerk chicken and company you'll find! It's on the West End, just past Xtabi. You don't want to miss their sunsets either. Decent food. Nice atmosphere.

Favourite hangout/dinner/bonfire/sunset in Negril!

PLACES TO EAT IN THE CLIFF AREA

http://www.jamaicans.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=005598

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
2. Re: Samsara

Hello again,

If you want to make some day trips away from Negril, then I recommend these, as they are not too far away. ENJOY!

www.jamaicaconnection.com

Scroll to end of pages. Click onto Negril map.

Black River Safari visitjamaica.com/planning_your_trip/…

YS FALLS visitjamaica.com/planning_your_trip/…

Appleton Estate Rum Tour. visitjamaica.com/planning_your_trip/…

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
3. Re: Samsara

I recently read this article which properly discribed what Jamaica is really like from a visitors point of view. ENJOY!

I was really feeling this area because this felt like what Jamaica must be. When I think of whatever Jamaica is, I think it must be this. I often felt while I was in the hotel that this is not Jamaica. And it isn���t. Jamaica is out in the streets at the fruit stalls. Jamaica is down by the beach where you can buy some grouper. Jamaica is leaving Amnesia at 2 in the morning and getting the best chicken that I have every tasted off of home made grills. Jamaica is not on the resort.

Sacramento, CA
4. Re: Samsara

Hi,

My son and I just returned from the Samsara on Dec.30th. We thought it was great. It is up on the cliffs. The rooms are cleaned, sheets changed daily. No problem with getting tours to pick up there. We went to YS Falls, Black River, Mayfield Falls, ATV and river rafting. It is smaller than some of the bigger resorts so it feels more like home and easier to get to know other people. They have a small rec room next to the bar with a pool table and ping pong table and a makeshift basketball court by the ocean, across the streeet, they have tennis courts. The rooms on the ocean side all have views and they also have individual huts. They have free use of snorkel gear and there is a scuba shop that has scuba lessons. They have a free shuttle to Legends at 10:00 a.m. everyday, where you can do water sports and walk down the beach for parasailing and it returns at 4:00 p.m. (You can take a taxi between or after those times.) Two nights they have a shuttle to Legends. We didn't have all inclusive and only ate there a couple of times. We like the other restaurants better. It's walking distance to Ixtabi(?), Choices restaurants and other off the road stands. There is a free shuttle to Kuyaba and other restaurants for diner. We really enjoyed it and can't wait to go back.

Tracy

Minneapolis...
5. Re: Samsara

Thanks to all for your input - I was really bumming for awhile! This is our first trip to Jamaica & by the sounds of it, probably not our last! We did not take the all inclusive - we love to sample the local food - any one with other favorites, please let us know!! Again - thanks!!

Illinois
6. Re: Samsara

If you're looking for a place to simply relax -- SamSara's it!!

We've stayed there 3 times :) Nothing fancy but then, who needs fancy?!?! Rooms are clean, they've recently added TV's & phones to the rooms. There's a Daily Sunset Happy Hour from 4-7 with 2 for 1 drinks :))) Personally, the appeal of SamSara is the fact that you have this wonderful opportunity to meet people from all over...Poland, UK, Netherlands, Germany, as well as Canada & the US.

The staff can't be beat :) Everyone is 100% sincere & friendly...they will try their very best to make your stay a pleasant one.

Please say "hello" to Icilan, Ron, Fletcher, Kadie, Hillary, Pauline, Marlon, Powder, Melvin, Johnny & Ivy from Bob & Pat :) We'd really appreciate it!

Have FUN :)

Minneapolis...
7. Re: Samsara

Thanks! Will say Hi! I am really getting excited now with all the postive feedback, instead of those people who only have negative things to say about everything!! :)