We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerts in Jamaica

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lloydminster, Canada
reviews: 22
Concerts in Jamaica

I'm curious I noticed on a Spring Break video a large concert with Shaggy and a few other hip hop names I recognized. Are there big concerts in Negril or was this a special one time thing? I will be there Feb. 21-28 and was curious if there would be anything like that while I was there?

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 27
1. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

I dunno about that but I can tell you that there are concerts almost nightly in Negril for Reggae artists. There is a big one with Beenie Man coming up in Feb. not sure the exact date. THere are signs all over the place advertising the concerts and guys that will walk up and down the beach letting you know about them with a megaphone. While we were there the big concert was for Yellowman,

Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay
reviews: 2
2. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

steelcityhammer is right, just walk along the streets you will see things advertised, and the megaphones on the top of cars, people giving out flyers etc. The yellowman concert was on when we was there too i couldnt make it as we was stopping in Runaway Bay - although i was there a couple of nights after and seen Frankie Paul perform :)

Sheffield, United...
3. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

We have seen both Yellow man and jimmy and Taurus Riley at Roots Bamboo. Also Gregory Issacs at Bourban Beach. I think during spring break many of the big named Jamaican artist play Megril. Sizzla has previously appeared at Jungle.

There is usually big beach shows too.

As others have said watch out for the fluresent posters around town, and also ask the staff at the place you are staying they usually know if and where the big artist will be .

Akron, Ohio
reviews: 7
4. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

RPT... the video of the concert you saw of Shaggy was at Jamfest 2008. This is a concert series that runs during Spring Break and occurs during a 4 week period only during spring break. On each Monday during a new week of spring break a different person headlines the venue... last year was Shaggy, Beenie Man, TOK... but there were some other good performers last year prior to the headliner.

The Student Travel Services website has more information, but I dont know that they are even having the concert series again this year. By this time last year a list of the dates and headliners was already released. I was at the Shaggy concert last year, which was Monday March 17th 2008, which was held at Waves in Negril. I had a great time, but like some others have suggested there will be plently of live music shows to expereience. If there is a concert your week, it will be Monday and should be a good time.

Lloydminster, Canada
reviews: 22
5. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

Are all the concerts reggae? I'm big into rock/metal music, is there any of that in Negril? Not saying some reggae is bad, but its not exactly my thing. I tried to find a modern rock or even classic rock radio station online in Jamaica and came up empty, so I'm guessing there's really no rock music scene there am I right?

Manchester, United...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

Last spring break in negril i seen Bennie man,Shaggy,Movado and vbyz kartel!!

Just look around for the promotion boards.

roxbury, ma
reviews: 1
7. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

Jamaica's vibe is music...you can always catch a show!!!

enjoy!

PEACE!

near Chicago
reviews: 24
8. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

I call Negril "Reggae Paradise".

Houston
reviews: 2
9. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

rpt319...

I have never heard rock/metal music in Jamaica at all. Not saying if you did some more searching you wouldn't find something, but I doubt there would be anyone performing that type of music or club playing that type of music, other than maybe a song or 2 if you're lucky.

Los Angeles
reviews: 1
10. Re: Concerts in Jamaica

Is there a website where I can find out what concerts are going on in Negril? I'll be there for this Valentines/Presidents weekend 2009.

Thanks!