We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
reviews: 2
Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

Are both of these hotels the same place?

Is Riu Negril a newer section?

There are many reveiws about Club Hotel Riu Negril that are not so good.

Riu Negril has fewer reveiws but very positive ones.

I'm confused!!

Connecticut
reviews: 3
1. Re: Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

As far as I know there is a Riu Negril and Riu Tropical Bay, both in Negril. They are right next door to one another. Riu Negril is the newer of the two. We stayed at the tropical bay because it has the better beach. Both resorts are fabulous. Very similar in style and looks. If you stay at the Riu Tropical Bay you have priviledges at the Riu Negril. You can eat at both resorts, etc.. You cannot do the same if you stay at the Riu Negril. You can only use your resorts restaurants, etc. We had a fabulous time. People who have been posting bad reviews are being much too picky. There is a musty smell sometimes due to being in the Carribbean!!! Can't help that. It's more of the odor of the tropics if you ask me!! When we got home and unpacked I actually smelled all my clothes and could smell Jamaica!! Made me really sad to be home! Either place will show you a great time. You can't beat Negril!!

Orlando, fl
reviews: 4
2. Re: Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

We have just got back from Riu Negril and it is certainly the better hotel. The Japanese restaurant is so unlike any Japanese restaurant we have ever been to but all the staff were great. Tropical Bay is having a few staffing probs and is a little stuffier. There is a new manager at Riu Negril and he is wonderful.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 5
3. Re: Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

Just returned from the Club hotel Riu Negril and we had a wonderful time.

Club hotel is the newer resort, but I believe the beach may be better at Tropical Bay.

Both resorts are located on/in Bloody Bay, just north of the 7 mile beach of Negril. There is an undeveloped area between the two resorts, but they are located right next to each other.

My only complaints about the Club hotel were: The water at the beach is usually murky ( I think it is because it is a new beach and they have too many activities like aerobics in the water) Why not use the pool for aerobics?

This is a European resort with lots of smokers. Americans don't smoke as much anymore. I have a son with asthma and he did have some problem with rude smokers. We got smarter as our week went on and looked more actively for nonsmoking areas.

If you decide to go to the Club Hotel, I can give you some room info that may be helpful.

springfield
4. Re: Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

These are two separate hotels...The Tropical Bay has a better beach as it is next to Couples Negril in the cove portion of the Bay and is the more popular....Riu Negril has some issue about murky water because they are on the edge of the bay so things get stuck right there....hope it helps

cindy@chesterfieldcruiseandtravel.com

Buckinghamshire...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Riu Negril versus Club Hotel Riu Negril

Maybe the water does get murkey at the Riu Negril, but I certainly never noticed that while I was there! We walked up to the Tropical Bay to have a lookie, and they aren't much different, I think the pools are much nicer at the Riu Negril, but apparently the beach is better at the Tropical Bay, I didn't notice any obvious differences though. There seems to be less problems with rooms at the Riu Negril, probably cos its newer, and I've seen on other threads that the food is better there too! You can eat at both if you stay at Tropical Bay, but I don't really see why you would bother to trundle down there to eat. Better to go out to a proper restaurant! I reckon whichever one you go too, you will be happy!