We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours/Activities Advice

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Monson...
reviews: 3
Tours/Activities Advice

My boyfriend and I will be at Sandals Grande Riviera for only 4 nights in September. We do want to enjoy a couple tours/activities but also want to have time to do nothing but eat, drink and lay on beach and stay at resort. So we don't want to clutter the schedule with all these tours that will make it feel busy instead of relaxed. We were thinking of the Sky lift/Bobsled adventure up Mystic Mountain as one thing to do outside Resort. Any advice on what other tours/activities that would be good? Ones that aren't too far from resort that will take up an entire day? And possibly what are some good activities on the resort itself that you've enjoyed? Thanks in advance!

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
reviews: 21
1. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

Look at the catamaran cruise to Dunns River --- you will stop to snorkel first, then on to Dunns River to climb the falls and then party hard all the way back to the resort. We had a blast!!!

Monson...
2. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

Thank you for the advice! I did see that one, but wasn't sure. There is a lot of different Dunn's River Cruises and was overwhelmed! How was the climb up the falls? I am not extremely athletic, just average haha. About how long was the trip in total?

Ocala, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios, Negril, Montego Bay
reviews: 21
3. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

We left at 9:00 in the morning and returned after 1:00. I've climbed the falls before so I didn't do it this time---we just climbed the stairs next to the falls --- but I have seen even elderly making the climb --- probably not good if you have bad knees. We have also done the Zion bus to 9-Mile to see the birthplace and final resting place of Bob Marley --- that is a longer trip but we really enjoyed it. One of these trips I'd like to swim with the dolphins, but I always seem to change my mind on that one.

Monson...
4. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

Thank you so much! You've been very helpful!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 57
5. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

Dolphin Cove is a must! Loved swimming with Dolphins and then having the rest of the time to walk around, snorkel with sting rays, take the speed boats out, etc. there was even a a baby dolphin that we got to see. I think swimming with the sting rays was the highlight for me, didn't really enjoy the speed boats as the water was super rough and I don't like small boats at the best of times. I think we were there for 4 hours but it was nice not to be in an organized group and you could do as much or as little as you wanted.

We wil be doing mystic mountain this trip, we ended getting glued to the beach for the majority of our time. We will also be there in September so maybe we will run into you on the Mountain! If this is your first trip to Jamaica I can guarantee it won't be your last!

Monson...
6. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

That sounds wonderful, although I am not a good swimmer. I'd love to try that!

This will be our first time in Jamaica and at a Sandals Resort. We are so excited!

When in Sept are you going? We're going the 16-20th, I already know I won't want to leave!

Iowa
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 27
7. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

Real natural beauty check out the blue hole I the area. Or Coyoba Gardens and Mahoe falls is nice as well

Glenside...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

Check out Luminous Lagoon. Micro organisims in the water glow when agitated, really cool! We used Peat Taylor Tours to get there and he was great also. And stop at Scotchies for some Jerk food on the way back. Have fun.

9. Re: Tours/Activities Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 24, 2014