We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changing rooms when you get to SGOR

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kentucky
changing rooms when you get to SGOR

We are going to SGOR March 19-26. We have our room reserved on the Riveria side honeymoon penthouse oceanfront concierge (or something like that:). From all the countless posts I have read, which by the way are VERY helpful, I think I want to stay on the Manor side. How hard is it to change rooms when we get there? Is is something I should try to do now or wait until we get there? 33 days and counting...

Kentucky
11. Re: changing rooms when you get to SGOR

Wow. Thanks to all for the information, even you honeygirlssugar :) It's funny, we booked this trip late last year but I did not find tripadvisor until January. Well wouldn't you know the first post I read was honeygirlssugar. (I really started to panic). I am sorry that your experience was bad but I also read a lot of good reviews too. Anyway, I am going to have FUN. No work, no children (but I will start missing them about the 3rd or 4th day LOL) just relaxation. Also very excited about visiting Jamaica. I didn't realize, until reading these posts, that it is that poor of a country. Read somewhere about taking school supplies and such for the children. I think that is a great idea.

Caper, can't wait to read your review after you get back.

Alexandria, VA
reviews: 1
12. Re: changing rooms when you get to SGOR

Thank you Gobiqblue. Have a great adventure. To each, his own.

Jacksonvile, FL
reviews: 8
13. Re: changing rooms when you get to SGOR

Gobigblue

Great, it sounds like you have the right attitude, even after reading honeysg's post first. Not to pick on HG, because she deserves to be heard just like everyone else, but I think that post redirected some folks who might of been on the fence. But, not you, and i think that you wil have a great time in March. I just got back and when I first got my room in the manor ( ocean/pool view) I was satisfied. Then I went to the Riviera side and wanted to stay in the villas. But the following day I realized that i was in the right place for us; manor. So, as you can see, I was at the resort in my room and i still couldn't decide where I wanted to be, so don't kill yourself over it until you hit the resort. They try to be as flexible as possible and believe me, the room will only be your resting place at this resort. No worries.