We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
reviews: 11
Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

Hi - Other than a higher end room, I have read the deluxe wing provides you with 2 additional restaurants that only deluxe wing guests can stay at. True? Are there any other perks with staying in the deluxe wing?

Also, how many a la cartes are you allowed for a 7 day stay? CHeers!

Upstate NY
reviews: 28
1. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

You are correct on the 2 extra restaurants. One of them is the Japanese place, we ate there and it was a let down. We did a few other restaurants as well and they were all kind of a let down. The buffet was always the better option; better food and better service.

That being said I believe that we were able to book 3 restaurants at a time. I'm not sure if you could go back the next day and book 3 more or not.

Other perks of the deluxe wing: Free wifi in your room. A special check in line to get you checked in faster if there is a crowd. There is also a special concierge/help desk that you can check out at.

Washington DC
reviews: 9
2. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

Other perks, nicer pool, on the emptier side of the beach, little sitting area in the room (so bigger room). I personally found the bar and bartenders on the deluxe side to be nicer.

Buffalo, New York
reviews: 17
3. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

I read a review the other day that said in the deluxe wing wifi was free but you had to pay to use email. Can anyone tell me if this is true? If so I will be dispointed that was one of the reasons we upgraded to the deluxe side.

Newfoundland, Canada
reviews: 1
4. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

I read that review too. I'm pretty sure that individual was staying in the other side of the hotel. Plus, how can they charge extra to check email? Do they monitor what sites you check?

Buffalo, New York
5. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

It did not make any sense to me.

Regina, Canada
6. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

That's really odd. I have no idea how they could monitor internet based email accounts. Maybe some confusion on the part of the reviewer.

Regina, Canada
7. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

Just to confirm if you book in the deluxe wing you can use the amenities and services of the full hotel, correct?

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 1
8. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

No this is not true. We were at the resort 3 weeks ago and frequently used email without any charge. Wifi can also be used on the beach near the deluxe side.

Regina, Canada
9. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

Does anyone know if the Jacuzzi suite all have an ocean view? Was it a nice room?

London, United...
10. Re: Riu Ochos Rios - Deluxe Wing

Hi, we're going to Riu in February 2014, and will get 3 deluxe junior suites? does anyone know if the hotel have connecting rooms/ suites? as my daughter will need her own room, but is only 11.??? somehow sharing with us newlyweds ( getting married off site during our stay) and her 17 year old brother and his bestie aren't an option...... thanks