We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 9
Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Hi Scott,

I have a question, but first I wanted to add my thanks to replying to the many inquiries about your resort. It is so helpful and you give a very good face to the company, making me even more confident in booking. I hope the Jewel appreciates having you!

In another thread you mentioned some special events - beach party, dive in movies, candle light dining. I am wondering if they occur on specific nights of the week, each and every week. My husband and I are about to book a 5-night stay. We are very flexible with dates, so I'd like to keep events like this in mind when we pick out dates. I'd hate for us to book and find out we missed out on a fun event!

Thanks again!

Tammy

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 23
1. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Hi Tammy thanks for your kind words.

We have been doing the dive in movies on Wed and Sat. Pool or Beach party has been on tuesday. The dinner on the pier has been on fridays

I hop this helps.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 9
2. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Thank you, Scott. That helps a lot!

ontario
3. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Hi Scott,

thanks for the info. I am also in the process of booking with expedia and am worried about transfers from the airport to the resort. Would you happen to know who is responsible for taking care of this.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
4. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Jamaica tours limited (JTL) does the hotels tranfers that are included when booking the Jewel.

I hope this helps

Michigan
reviews: 5
5. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

I am also going to Jewel Dunn in December...someone told me the free shuttle to Ocho Rios can sometimes be hours and hours, because they wait until the whole bus is full to leave the airport...is that true?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 24
6. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

I am still confused about the beach at this resort. I have read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures and done searches under this forum, and still I am confused. Is this resort more of a pool resort ( the pool looks nice ), and is the beach small. There was a comment under one review that the beach was nice and uncrowded, however, that there were few people at the resort, and would be crowded if resort had more people. Can anyone shed a little light for me about the beach ?

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
7. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

I haven't heard that but if someone told you that they must know from experience. I guess you will have to wait and see however none of the guests that have come in told me that they waited for hours and hours until the bus filled up.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
8. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Scott from the resort here. The beach from Pier (border of Riu) to Fence (border of craft community) is roughly 240 feet long. The width at it's narrow is about 15 feet to the sea and at its widest is about 60 feet to the sea.

I hope this helps.

Port Perry, Canada
reviews: 2
9. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

Hi Scott...can you walk onto the other side of the pier in front of the Riu property? And also can you get through the fence to the other side where the craft market is? I'm confused as to whether the beach in front of the different resorts are private and for guests of that particular resort.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
10. Re: Jewel Dunns River Falls Resort Questions

similar to negril where anyone can walk on the water line is the same. You can go past the fence although it is not recommended. you can clime over to Riu however Security will stop you if you try to go on their beach.

I hope this helps.