We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 16
Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Hi everyone, just got back from the Riu, we stayed for 2 weeks, and I have to say Jamaica is the best Island we have been to so far!!! The staff is so friendle, the food amazing, the accomodations were excellent!! The beach, waterand pool were awesome! The snorkelling fantastic!!!!!!

All I have to say is I'm a Jamaican lifer mon!!!!

Birmingham/uk
reviews: 11
1. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Hi Girgo,

Nice to know you had such a great time and you now know why other's love JA.

May your plans for 2006 include Jamaica?

ONE LOVE!!

New Hampshire
reviews: 2
2. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

hey girgo-are you planning on writing a review? We leave 1/17 and would like to hear your thoughts about the place-thanx!

Hamilton, Canada
3. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Hi everyone, I will be posting a review today, and I will definatley be returning to Jamaica and telling all my friends and family about it!

RESPECT!

Binbrook ontario
4. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Girgo great to hear your time away was good I'm leaving on th 9th, I've got a few questions. First was the internet up and running and was there a cost for use. Just want to email some pics of how good a time I'm having to my friends, ha ha. Also how was the snorkling and was there ample equipment or were you waiting for it. Did you venture into town at all. any other info would be welcomed. Looks like I just live down the road from you. Happy New Year.

mpls. mn
5. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Have you been to the Playa De Carman area and how that might compare? Is there a lot of beach area for long walks in the sand?

Nottm UK
reviews: 1
6. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

hi glad to hear you had a good time. We go on 18th jan for 2 weeks but a bit concerned about rain as the forcast at the moment is rain. What was the weather like when you were there?.

Hamilton, Canada
7. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

HI everyone, just to answer the questions, the internet was on and off, didn't seem to be too pricy from what I remeber but it's if you get it running that is the challenge. As for snorkelling, we bring our own stuff down, seemed like there were people using gear all the time. As for the weather, on and off rain, nothing to worry about, it goes by real fast, about 10 minutes, we only had one day of real rain and overcast, you can still get a tan through the clouds, as my husband said, it looks like he brought a local back!

For more info check out my review, I poted yesterday! Any other questions I'd be more than happy to answer them!

Happy new year! Respect!

Binbrook ontario
8. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Girgo what about going into town, did you venture on any tours. Where in hamilton are you.

Hamilton, Canada
9. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

we went shopping on a Saturday, not much to see, if you've been to one island they are all alike. I personally don't like crowds and don't like to be pulled from one hut to another. There is a craft market, enter if you are ready to be hounded.

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Just got back from Riu Ocho Rios!Amazing!

Hi Girgo! I read your review - sounds like you had a fabulous time! Two questions: Did you fly Skyservice? Did you arrive in the evening? How was the flight?

Also, with regards to the restaurants, do you have to go to each individual restaurant to book or is there a central desk for all the reservations? Happy New Year!