We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas at SGOR

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 11
Christmas at SGOR

Hi All

It seems New Years Eve is the night many are excited about however I wondered if anyone will be at SGOR for Xmas Eve, Night?

We are very excited about our trip and hope our experience will be a positive one. We will be travelling from another hotel in Ocho to arrive at SGOR on 23rd Dec.

It would be good to meet up with some other couples.

xx

Ontario, Canada
1. Re: Christmas at SGOR

We won't be arriving until the 28th, so I can't give any insight on Christmas, but I wanted to know if you'd still be there then? How long is your trip?

Atlanta, GA
2. Re: Christmas at SGOR

My husband and I will be at SDR from the 22-29th but plan on spending some time over at SGOR. We're really looking forward to a Christmas away from home.

UK
3. Re: Christmas at SGOR

Hi

We will be in Jamaica from 14 Dec - 2 Jan however we're travelling around quite alot but plan to be in Ocho from 18 - 27 Dec staying in 2 different hotels.

We've looked forward to this trip for a long time.

We still don't know where to go for NY's Eve as we'll be closer to Kingston than the tourist areas so we may stay in New Kingston as suggested by other posts or spend it with family.

I'm scared of the mossies as my skin reacts badly to their bites.

We'll be visiting Dunns River as I really enjoyed it last time I went.

It's a shame that we'll miss each other 'delicate flower'.

May see you there

UK
4. Re: Christmas at SGOR

Nolesteph - forgot to finish the message.

x

raleigh, nc
5. Re: Christmas at SGOR

My husband and I are going to Sandals Whitehouse Dec. 20-29.

Atlanta, GA
6. Re: Christmas at SGOR

Beaglelovers - I'm sure you'll really enjoy Whitehouse. I have heard wonderful things about it. My husband and I decided against it only because we wanted to be closer to a town.. we sometimes like to venture out away from the resort.

Babystar - You very lucky to have such a long holiday. A week is all we ever seem to be able to make time for. We're really looking forward to checking out the pool at SGOR, I have a friend who came home raving about it and the swim-up bar. We chose SDR just because of the recent rennovations and the larger beach. I have no doubt that we'll take full advantage of both resorts.

UK
7. Re: Christmas at SGOR

Nolesteph - we plan on coming over to SDR at some point and will definitely be venturing out of the hotel.

The pool looks amazing but I'm hoping the queues for the restaurants aren't as bad as some say.

I'm glad we're travelling with BA as there's no way we'd be able to stay within the 20kg each luggage allowance.

xx

8. Re: Christmas at SGOR

My husband and I will be there from Dec. 25th - Jan. 1st. We are hoping that they will have stuff planned for both Xmas and New Year's Eve.

Has anyone heard anything?

We tried calling last month and they told us to call closer to the trip. I may try again next month.

Ontario, Canada
9. Re: Christmas at SGOR

I emailed the fellow from Sandals that I booked with, and he says they keep the NYE events top secret, and don't even tell the booking agents. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

It's soooo hard to wait, though! LOL

Atlanta, GA
10. Re: Christmas at SGOR

I'm happy to hear there will be so many people enjoying Sandals while we are there.

SDR is scheduled to reopen December 19th so we're really hoping that goes according to schedule. Otherwise maybe we'll be joining all of you at SGOR.

Babystar- I know what you mean about luggage restrictions.. my husband and I both divers and that equipment alone comes close to being over the baggage allowance of some airlines. We always have to weigh our bags before leaving for the airport to make sure we aren't over.