We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

Which Ocho Rios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Overland Park, KS
reviews: 3
Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

I got married at Sanalds Ocho Rios on 8/9. Wonderful trip and I am still working on posting my review with pictures but I couldn't have been happier. One question though - At the time of the ceremony they gave us a certificate but not the legal document for the wedding allowing me to change my name. I knew going into it that I wouldn't get that at the resort but I'm curious - how long does it take to get it...Do they just mail it to you or do I need to contact them? Anyone know?? Thanks for the tips and thanks to everyone for thier great tips before we left!!!

1. Re: Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

Amy29im - I believe the information I got said that the official one will be mailed to you within 12 weeks. However I was told the temporary one would work for things like getting insurance, name change etc...

Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 14
2. Re: Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

Marriage certificates take a long time in Jamaica. Ours took about 9 months until we got it. You should have got an official registar slip with all the required signatures. This works as a legal document as I used ours in the immigration process.

Now the Happy...
3. Re: Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

We got married in March 2005 at SGOR. Our "official" ceritificate took about 8 weeks to get via FedEx from Sandals. I did use the certificate we got at the ceremony to change my name on my social security card, drivers license and bank so it wasn't a problem at all for me.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4. Re: Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

We got married in February 2005 and got the certificates about 2 months later or so. I did not attempt to use the certificate we brought back with us to change any identification. Really, the only place I had to show the certificate at was the Social Security office. We received ours via a FedEx from Miami. They sent us two copies. Very pretty certificates too!

gardener, ks
5. Re: Got Married at Sandals Ocho Rios - When do you get your...

Thanks everyone! I will try using the certificate we brought back but good to know when to expect the official one!