We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 hours in Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Quebec
reviews: 3
8 hours in Montego Bay

I will be visiting Jamaica in February with my wife and 86 year old mom. We have 8 hours (never long enough) to try to find the best snorkelling and beach. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Long Island
reviews: 5
1. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

Depends on which city you are arriving. Will you be arriving by cruise ship into Montego Bay?

Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 14
2. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

If its Mo Bay I'd go to Doctor's Cave Beach. It has a pretty nice beach with good facilities including on site restaurants so that you can spend as much time as possible having fun not riding around in cabs.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 19
3. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

Margaritaville puts on a fun show for the cruise ship people. We stopped in Oct. It was pretty cool. Doc. cave beach is also a good spot. Would have time for both you can walk to Doc cave from margaritavile. Lots of little shops alone the way. Also a cute little spot, the Bob Sled cafe.

Jackson, Michigan
reviews: 14
4. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

Coral Cliffs Gaming Lounge is also across the street from Margarittaville if your Mom needs some shade and enjoys playing slots or video poker. She may get her fill of that on the cruise ship though.

Montreal, Quebec
5. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

Thanks for the updates. We will be arriving in Montego Bay - it is the first stop on the cruise.

I had heard Doc Cave is beautiful but crowded and the snorkelling is not great. How is the snorkelling at Margaritaville?

My mom, though elderly, is full of spunk and has her heart set on snorkelling.

I appreciate the time for replies.

Delaware
reviews: 24
6. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

I have seen the snorkling boat go right out behind Dr Cave Beach within easy swimming distance . When the ship is in the beach can get crowded. There are rest room and restaurants. You can rent an umbrella for your mother. Relax and enjoy. Have a Margarita on the deck at Margaritaville .

Montreal, Quebec
7. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

Thanks Longnecker,

The Margarita on the deck sounds great.

8. Re: 8 hours in Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 18, 2009