We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Palace

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 15
RIU Palace

Just booked 4 nights at RIU Palace Jamaica for November. It was a bit on a whim, but doing brief research I saw the hotel had just opened this past year and had great reviews. Recently, me and my friends have been stuck on Punta Cana. Can anyone comment on what to experience at RIU Palace in comparison to and AO AI in Punta Cana, namely The Level at Melia Caribe Tropical.

Is the beach calm in front of RIU Palace?

Also, being first time in Jamaica, is the USD widely accepted for gratuity?

Any comments on the resort would be appreciated!

20 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia
reviews: 3
11. Re: RIU Palace

We were just there in February for two weeks and loved it. We travelled to Punta Cana many times and always had a great vacation. This was our first time to Jamaica. You won't be disappointed! As other reviews have mentioned, there isn't any shade on the beach, the beach is quite small and there is a steep drop off about 15 feet out. Neither my boyfriend or I are swimmers but we spent a lot of time in the water. The water is very calm and no seaweed. We did miss the Punta Cana beaches for going for walks and running the beach in the mornings, but it wasn't a deal breaker for us and we would return without hesitation. Service is fantastic, ffood was very good, room was great. It's still on our list for a repet visit for next year.

Boston...
12. Re: RIU Palace

Thanks for the feedback andlor! Where had you stayed in PC?

Nova Scotia
reviews: 3
13. Re: RIU Palace

Paradisius, Dreams and Now Larimar 3x. When we were at Now we stayed in one of the Ocean Front suites. We like the view and the jacuzzi on the balcony is a must when we choose our resort. We had the same type of room at Riu Palace. Loved it!

Boston...
14. Re: RIU Palace

Sounds promising! Thanks Andlor!

west yorkshire
reviews: 16
15. Re: RIU Palace

We are going on 24th August - can't wait !!!! Anyone else there at that time??

Pembroke Pines...
reviews: 24
16. Re: RIU Palace

Arriving 8/30

Kidderminster...
17. Re: RIU Palace

Heading there in November, very excited ! Does anyone know the hotel policy on topless sunbathing ?

Pembroke Pines...
reviews: 24
18. Re: RIU Palace

Just returned - didn't see any females sunbathing without their tops.

Hagersville, Canada
reviews: 1
19. Re: RIU Palace

MrGayle thank you for posting that link to your review, that was the most compete and detailed review I've seen, looks like you had fun!

Newcastle, United...
reviews: 14
20. Re: RIU Palace

mrgayle

Just read your review.

Looks like you had a great time. Hotel looks fantastic too, great pics!

Reply to: RIU Palace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted