We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
fairfax, va
reviews: 3
Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

We are considering a trip to Secrets Wild Orchid/St. James, as we love Jamaica (have been to Ocho Rios, Negril and Mo Bay) and we really like the modern decor of Secrets resorts, and the all-inclusive nature of it. We have been to Secrets Maroma Beach in Mexico, and LOVED it. Is Secrets WO comparable, in terms of the rooms/beaches, etc to Maroma Beach to those that have seen both? I'm a stickler for the water color being beautiful, and clear and no rocks etc.... we are searching for the perfect combination of a modern all inclusive resort/beach! The closest I've seen to a perfect combination is LeBlanc in Cancun, but we are hoping to find that combination in Jamaica..... thanks in advance for any thoughts!

12 replies to this topic
Baton Rouge...
reviews: 10
1. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

Having been to Secrets WO and Secrets Silversands in Cancun I can tell you that they are very similar in style (different color theme, but both very modern and clean lines) and ammenities.

However, if you do not want rocks on the beach/in the water, I can tell you that there were plenty in the water and byt he time I left my feet were feeling it. Even with the rock, WO is a beautiful place with beautiful scenery that I have no doubt you will enjoy.

fairfax, va
2. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

sr1972 - Thanks for the response - that is the other resort we are looking at (Secrets Silversands).... can you please compare that to Secrets WO, and which of the two had the rocky beach area, or both did?

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 10
3. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

Sorry I wasnt clear, the rocks were in the water at WO, but dont get me wrong, its not like you cant go into the water without your feet getting tore up, just an observation that I made, really wasnt that big of a deal at all, just go around them :-). Having said that, the view from the beach with the backdrop of the resort and mountains is absolutely amazing, my favorite view of all.

To compare the two. Secrets Silversands itself has a very small beach, but the beach is connected to other properties so you can walk for a long way. The other thing I noticed while there was the amount of seaweed washed up on the beach (at SS), they tried to keep it clean and swept, but it just kept coming lol. The beach at WO is perfectly clean, from what I saw anyway.

Resort wise, not much different, both are absolutely amazing and beautiful (SS is more of a white color theme, WO is more tan and earth tones). Food, same as anywhere, its ok, but you dont go for the food. Both give you top shelf drinks, so again very similar. I felt that SS has a lot more pool area and pool offerings, I remember thinking there were pools everywhere. Bottom line, I loved both, so cant go wrong with either.

Hope this helps

fairfax, va
4. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

sr1972 - thanks for the updated response - that is very helpful! I think trying to match Secrets Maroma Beach and LeBlanc is a hard thing to do for us, so I am just trying to find something equal to it in Jamaica.....

fairfax, va
5. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

Can you comment on the benefits or getting a preferred room vs. a regular room at Secrets WO? Is it worth an extra $400?? Is there a separate beach for only the preferred guests, or can anyone go to any beach? Are the room views much different?

Greenville, South...
reviews: 27
6. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

You should look at Azul Sensatori in Negril. It's new but it has a very Le Blanc vibe. The beach at Secrets doesn't compare to SMB or Negril.

fairfax, va
7. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

LMSunFun - I had never heard of the Azul brand, and they look BEAUTIFUL.... but I am looking for an adults only property....

long island, ny
reviews: 19
8. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

we had beautiful views from our standard room at SWO.

the preferred's would also have a stunning view. THey have a small quiet pool and private beach. You would also have access to a lounge.

We didn't find it worth it for us, but it is subjective.

We loved the private beach at Secrets. We didn't find it too rocky. Maybe a few, but you can easily avoid them. the beach service was fantastic, too.

fairfax, va
9. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

Is the private beach at SWO only for preferred guests? In other words.... if you stay in the standard section, can you go to the private beach? Are there two separate beach areas - one for preferred guests, and one for standard room guests, or are you saying that the beach area for the whole resort is a private beach, and that any guest staying at SWO can go to it?

long island, ny
reviews: 19
10. Re: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?

the entire resort is private.

this is an awful map, but it was the first one I found while googling!

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

the first beach to the left is the preferred. Building 10.

the next is for everyone and in front of the standard WO building. buiding 11

the next stretch of beach is in front of st. James. they just section off a spot at the opposite end (all the way to the right) for the preferred's.

I hope that helps. Just let me know if you need any additional info :)

Reply to: Secrets WO/St. James vs. other Secrets properties?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted