We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Passport Info????

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
Help Passport Info????

Had a question...

I have travelled a lot...and have a valid passport.

We leave for Jamaica JULY 31 - AUG 7---------------My passport expires Aug 22 --------Do I need a new one?

I know that going to Columbia you need your passport to be valid 3 months AFTER your departure date.

I am 2 weeks out from the trip...WHAT SHOULD I DO?

My travel agent says I should be fine. Anyone traveled close to the expirey date?

Jewelz

CAN
reviews: 25
1. Re: Help Passport Info????

Hi jewelz, I'm not an expert but I'd say you would be fine also. Take your driver's license with you just in case there is an issue but I really don't think there will be. Enjoy

North of Jamaica
reviews: 3
2. Re: Help Passport Info????

I actually travelled on my old passport which expired during my vacation because my new one hadn't arrived in time...Had no problems at all...

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
3. Re: Help Passport Info????

OK....Awsome! I fell better now.

Thanks...Plus just saved $100 *smiles*

Downingtown, PA
reviews: 10
4. Re: Help Passport Info????

i was under the impression that we didn't need a passport for travel to jamaica until after december 2006.

there is a government website that lists the required travel documents. i wish i could remember it, but it lists each country's entrance requirements...some google seaching should bring it up.

i totally think you will be fine. definately bring liscence and if you have it your birth certificate...then you can rest easy for sure.

i just used a birth certificate and liscence last year and plan to do the same this year. next year i will get a passport.

have a great trip!!

5. Re: Help Passport Info????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 13, 2009