We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United States
??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

Hi All,

New member here. Just happened across this forum and hope someone here can help. I travel 90% of the time with my job. Next month it's to Jamaica, Montego Bay. Almost 2 weeks working at a power plant on the Bogue Industrial Plantation. Travel dates are July 12 thru July 23. Price is not a big issue but my employer does have limits.

What I'm searching for is any advise or recommendations on a resort for lodging which has some accomodations for business travel. Mainly just a few items are of interest to me:

1. Comfort and a room with refrigerator (diabetic with insulin)

2. If at all possible I need high speed internet access in the room

3. A location close as possible to where I'm working (site is straight inland from the Freeport Peninsula)

Locals where I'm working have recommended Breezes Montego Bay and Sunset Beach Resort. Breezes would be my first choice but all they have available is the Cabin rooms and it looks like they are really small.

Sunset Beach looks to be out, away from everything and somewhat in the middle of an industrial park. Holiday Inn Sunspree was another reccomendation but I have read some bad reviews on it.

Has anyone ever traveled to MoBay on business? Recomendations?

How hard is it to drive in the area?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me. I have to book travel by Friday.

Fairfield...
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 38
11. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

I stayed at Rose Hall years ago - The property itself was beautiful, but it was a bit isolated from town -

The question that I have for you is what type of work do you do that enables you to travel to JA, and how do I apply??? ;P

CAN
reviews: 25
12. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

Hey....have not stayed at Rose Hall but yes I agree with Suz...it is iscolated.

Please contact these people: They are in Jamaica...and will do their best to find you somewhere:

http://www.marzouca.com/

Good Luck!

So. Wisconsin
reviews: 4
13. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

Not sure of net access, but look into Coyaba resort.

I know that when we there, one of the airlines put up there pilots and flight attendents there.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
14. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

Rose hall is very close to Half Moon and the Ritz...not any closer to Bogue than they are.

CAN
15. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

Toby's would be perfect for you!

http://www.tobyresorts.com/

I would be shocked if they were not booked for sumfest....but when I plugged in your dates....it didn't come back saying it was full....try it!

maybe this as well....unfortunetly alot of the guest houses like Richmond Hill....lovely are up on the hill so transportation is needed.

but check it out....www.ridgewayguesthouse.com

CAN
16. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

OK I tried to plug in your dates.....wow I don't know what you are trying to work on in Mobay during sumfest but......good luck to you! lol.

Boug...where liz recommended booked.

Toby's first week is fine but nothing the second week.

Emerald View Villas...the only day that's not available is Fri of the second week.

Believe it or not...the only place I could find for all your dates is Breezes...cabin room. So...............

maybe marzouca can help... One love.

CAN
17. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

any luck?

18. Re: ??? - Have to travel to Jamaica on Business

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 14, 2009