We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlyle/Sandals Butler tipping

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 8
Carlyle/Sandals Butler tipping

We are on our first trip to Sandals and are pretty excited about having a butler! What can we expect and how should we tip? If we tip big up front will we get better service throughout or will they expect BIG all the time?

So excited about this trip!!

Truro, Canada
reviews: 14
1. Re: Carlyle/Sandals Butler tipping

Twenty dollars per butler per day. You'll likely have two butlers sharing the day. So, plan on $280 for a week. It's paid in various ways, but most wait until the end of their stay.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for St. John's
reviews: 15
2. Re: Carlyle/Sandals Butler tipping

Really there is no set amount you just give what you feel comfortable with and what you think your Butlers deserve. We have had Butlers on 9 occasions now and all have been excellent so all have received a tip. However I wouldn't hesitate to not tip if I felt the service wasn't as good as it should have been. There are no set rules so using $20 per day should be used as a guide only, whilst a lot of guests may use this as a guideline, there are many more who differ. Be excited because I'm sure you will have a wonderful time

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
reviews: 40
3. Re: Carlyle/Sandals Butler tipping

I would also like to mention that the butler service is somewhat different at SCI than we've experienced at other Sandals resorts. At other Sandals you will have two butlers (sometimes 3) covering up to 8 couples. At SCI there are only 3 butlers in total as the resort is quite small. Those 3 butlers service 14 butler rooms, and on some shifts there is only one butler on duty.

Tenkey, you've not been to a Sandals before, but I mention this as information for others reading this post who might be accustomed to a more dedicated type of butler service at other Sandals...there is just no way that the butlers at SCI can provided that type of full service for each couple. Too few of them and too many rooms to take care of. Having said that...they do a wonderful job and deserve whatever show of gratuity you feel is appropriate!

Have fun!

4. Re: Carlyle/Sandals Butler tipping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 26, 2014