We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay

Do I need to dress up for the special restaurants? Do I really need to pack cups? Is there hairdryers in the rooms?

We will be there the week of July 9. We are family of 4 travelling with another family of 4. Can someone recommend a good excursion?

any other info you could tell me would be great!!

New York
reviews: 5
1. Re: Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay

Beachair,

They recommended that you dress up for the specialty restaurants but not too many people did. Khaki shorts and tee shirts with sandals.

There were hairdryers in the rooms.

I would recommend bringing insulated cups so you dont have to go back and forth to the bar for drinks. I bought 2 dollar cups from Target and they worked like a charm.

We had hired a driver that tok us to Negril. We stopped at Ricks Cafe and had lunch near the Negril Tree House.

They will have representatives seated by the main bar with different brochures of all the excursions.

Have a great time.

Harlemgirl

Pinehurst, NC
reviews: 6
2. Re: Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay

We were there in April as well. The cup thing, do you need it no, but it is nice to have. The drinks are served in 6 oz dixie cups, so if you don't want to go to the bar every 15 mintues pack some cups, but you don't need them, they are nice to have. We went to Dunn's River to climb the falls. The Falls themself were a great experiece. The trip to get there is another story. If you chose to go to the falls, hire a private driver to take you, it is worth the extra $.

Utah
3. Re: Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay

We went in April, we had a group of 8 also. For travel I would recommend that you contact:

www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com

We hired them and it was great, no waiting for other guests at hotels to get on, and we had our own driver for all day and we did what ever we wanted. Our driver's name was Otis, he was great, took us from Mo Bay up to Negril, he arranged some Para-sailing, great lunch at Cosmo's, took us to duty free shopping, took us to the lighthouse in Negril (that was great) and then to Rick's Cafe for the Sunset. It was $200 for the day. You can e-mail him from his site and he will give you quotes for trips you might want to take.

I know he also does tours to Dunn's River Falls, we did that trip the time before and after that trip (which was terrible) we vowed we would hire our own private driver if we ever came back. We did and it was so worth the extra $$, especially with a group of 8.

4. Re: Sunset Beach Resort, Montego Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 15, 2009