We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northeast
Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

We'll be at the resort for 5 nights and don't plan on leaving the resort. Will give the maid $5 day. How much should I bring for tipping and who else besides the bartenders, Servers in two restaurants, van driver to/from resort, and person who takes luggage to/from room? (2 bags) Leaving Sunday - need answer asap please. Thanks very, very much!

Port Saint Lucie...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

alysmom,

If I may be so bold, ,,may I ask why you won't be leaving the resort?

dfritzz

northeast
2. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Two single moms traveling with all of our kids (10 & under). Picked SSB because of the waterpark and kidzclub. We've (the adults) have been to Jamaica before and know our kids won't tolerate the two hour ride to Dunns River Falls. One of them would rather not go out on a catamaran or any kind of boat. Couldn't afford to swim with the Dolphins and would rather not trek them all to the marketplace. Decided main focus of this vacation was sun, swim and de-stress (as much as we could) and plain old quality time with the kids without any type of schedule time/clock so to speak.

Mattituck, NY
reviews: 5
3. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Just make sure you bring lots of one dollar bills, less fives, and even less tens and twenties.

Oconomowoc...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

I'm going to SSB in a week for four nights. I plan on bringing $50 in $1s and $50 in $5s. I've talked to other people that stayed at AIs, and this seems to be about average.

New Jersey
5. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Just got back from HI Sunspree. I brought $300 in singles and used every one of them. Make sure to bring lots of small bills.

Brampton, ON
reviews: 29
6. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Ok, question - am I the only one here that finds 300$ to be a little excessive for tipping for a week?

England
reviews: 1
7. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Hiya dreaming, we are coming from the uk and we have many gifts for the maid, pampering stuff, hand cream etc, and we are taking all jamaican dollars but we are taking $370 for tips in us $ for 2 weeks we thought that would be plenty, we also have a couple of kids football shirts and 2 adults football shirts from the UK as i know the Jamaicans love football, if we need more for tips would love to know so we can change it as i do want to tip and plenty as although me and my hubby have saved for over 12 mths for this holiday i do know these wonderful people earn less than us a lot less and work a damn site harder, i do want to give all we can, any advice would be great

What we planned was a $2 tip per day for maid then end of each week a bonus tip for maid of $20 then the rest for barmen/maids etc

is this ok or should we take more??? honest advice would be great

Thankd guys and gals

Brampton, ON
reviews: 29
8. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

wow...it just seems a lot when tipping is supposed to be included in the all inclusive price...i can only imagine what people tip when tipping isnt included in the price?

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 10
9. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

jen, I think you are taking more than enough for tipping, you should be fine. We had planned for 5 days about $100-$150 us dollars for tips for room, luggage, drinks etc and I think that will be more than plenty. Don't ever feel obligated but including the items to giveaway you bringing all the staff should love you guys.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 6
10. Re: Not leaving resort - how much $ for tipping

Always nice to tip people who don't usually get tips too!

Don't forget the bus boys, gardeners, security etc... They work hard too.