We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, WI
Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

We will be at the Royal Decameron MB from Feb. 22nd to the 28th and are interested in seeing some sights: 1. Appleton Rum Estate, Black River, YS Falls; 2. the Glimmering Lagoon; 3. the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary; and 4. Rose Hall. We would greatly appreciate any info. on prices as well as quality of experience. Thanks!!

Burlington, WI
1. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Also, if anyone has suggestions for drivers or tour guides, we would be some indebted.

Burlington, WI
2. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

darn typos..so indebted..

Wisconsin
reviews: 1
3. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

CurrysMissy

You can find the prices to all those excursions once you reach your resort. You can go on tours (with other people) to these places or you can arrange for a taxi ride (just you and yours) to these places.

It's all in what you want. I think the reason no one has responded to your post is no one knows off the top of their head the prices. As far as quality....do a search in this bulletin board on each of the trips you want to do and you'll read what a lot of people have to say about them.

Burlington, WI
4. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Thanks for the suggestions and reply.

CAN
reviews: 25
5. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Hi Currysmissy, as Caribbean traveller said...I for one don't remember the tour prices. You may pay for tours through your credit card so if it's a budget thing...bring your card.

Personally I prefer hiring my own driver that way you go when and where you want and stop where you want. Just negotiate ( you might have to try a couple) before you go.

It's kind of an unwritten rule that you pay for your driver's meals (and red stripe if applicable)while with them. Don't worry. Enjoy

Burlington, WI
6. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Thanks, withrespect. I particularly appreciate your final suggestion. These are the kind of things that you don't really think about, but should.

Was there a particular place or activity that you would say is a must do?

Wisconsin
7. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Hi CurrysMissy,

My husband and I just returned from the Royal Decameron and had a wonderful time. Don't know if this would interest you.... but my husband and I spent a day with one of the employees from the resort on his day off. He took us to his home and it was an unbelievable experience that I will never forget. Your completely safe, the employees won't let anything happen to you, they don't want to lose their jobs. We treated him to a nice lunch and gave him a nice tip. If you interested let me know. Where is Burlington, we're from Oshkosh.

CAN
8. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Hi Luv, who did you spend time with? Kevin? Raymond? Just wondering...great guys. IRIE.

btw burlington is beside Hamilton (beside Toronto).

CAN
9. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

oops sorry guys...Burlington Canada is beside Hamilton not Burlington Wisconsin LOL. Duh!

Currysmissy, The only one on your list that wouldn't interest me would be Rose Hall. It's way to difficult to recommend as I don't know your likes and dislikes.

I detest crowds so tours are not for me.

My best times and trips over the years are things and places I have done with a local ...just like luvs said and did.

The only other trip I may suggest is a day trip to Negril....only because that is where the 'cliff' divers are AND the white sugar sand and crystal waters that you won't see in Mobay.

For first timers I really think this is a good trip.

Budget wise, plan on $50-100.00 per person per tour. Enjoy.

Burlington, WI
10. Re: Tour Prices from RDMB-Help!

Thanks for the great tips, withrespect. I always find your input to be very helpful. This is my second time going to Jamaica. I agree with you. Crowded tours is generally not my thing and I have typically booked excursions with private taxis so that my husband and I can experience the trip with just the two of us (not that we are asocial). I would like to say that the hubbie and I are adventurous, but we also have a tendency to stay towards the "road MORE traveled." Since I fear that we will not be back to Jamaica for some time, we are trying to fit in the sights and experiences that one would generally agree should not be missed.

luvjamaica, Burlington, WI is near Lake Geneva in Racine County (although sometimes I wish it was in Canada =)). Thanks for voicing your positive experience at RDMB. We could not be more excited.