We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
reviews: 1
Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Hey, my boyfriend and I are going to Sandals on the 25th, staying 5 nights. Any suggestions on day trips to take or what to expect down there? What good nightlife is there?

Bemidji, MN
1. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Hey there ,

From what I've read Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville is the hot nightspot!!!!!

Bemidji, MN
2. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Hey again we're staying from the 27th of January to Feb 3rd we're in the Waters Edge Honeymoon Penthouse Concierge perhaps we could hook up and have a drink or two or....................lol

Syracuse, NY
reviews: 4
3. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

We loved Sandals, there is a whole strip in MoBay of nightlife! The resort itself is not that wild, but be sure to be there for beach party night.

If you tip you will get unbelievable service, but you have to do it on the sly.

Bring some long sleeves, but light weight..Jan weather can be hot or if windy that day, a little chilly on the beach, but the drinks are great and its 'all good Mon!'

If you go into MoBay, take a taxi, the resort rates are higher.

Make sure you take a snorkel, booze cruise..those are always a great party!

The worst part of the hotel is the airplane traffic overhead, but you get used to it and the hotel has so many other great features for the price, it is worth it.

Try to enjoy the people, the only annoying people are the ones trying to sell you things; otherwise, they are unique, laid-back and not at all like NewYorkers, so don't expect to be on NY time, it all gets done eventually and the culture is the best!

Long Island, NY
4. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Hey MinnesotaCouple,

Ok, we'll be there from the 25th to the 30th, so we'll hook up. I'll remember to look you up! :-)

Chicago
5. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Hey, we're also headed to Sandals MoBay on the 29th through the 5th. This is our second time to this resort, we had a blast last time. We did Dunns River Falls and the horseback riding in the water last time we were there and it was great. We're thinking of doing a rafting trip this time. You'll love it!

Lancs, England
6. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Dunns River is good as is trip to Negril - lovely beach.

Could you poss do us a favour & check out any names of scuba instructors still at Sandals MoBay please. Went last year & going again in July. Loved the diving!! Thanks very much & have a wonderful holiday (I'm sure you will!).

Vista, CA
reviews: 6
7. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

You'll love it there. If you want a relaxing tour, try the Martha Brae River Raft ride. We do it every year. If you want to be gone a whole day, take the Negril tour. They'll stop at src, shop and entertain you. Dalton is the tour guide and has a wonderful voice. If you want to take a ride just for shopping by yourslves, we know of two reliable drivers that will stay with you. Ask at the front gate for Don King or Eman. We always use them. We're going for Returnee Wk. This will be our 6th time at smb and going again in Sept. What a wonderful place and the people are great.

Chicago
8. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

How is the Martha Brae trip? Is it just a slow raft ride down the river to the end, or are there stops along the way where there might be bars or something to get out and have a red stripe? Is it a half day trip? I'm interested in this one and would love to hear your comments. Thanks.

Long Island, NY
9. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Thanks everyone, these posts are great. I'll be on the look out for dive instructors to let you know.

Thanks again!

Nashville, TN
10. Re: Going to Sandals MoBay Jan 25th

Hi! My husband and I are going in March and I am anxious to hear how you guys' trips were in February. We have never been to Jamaica before and have read many reviews about Sandals MoBay, some good, some bad.

Hope your trip is awesome! :o)