We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Questions

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Sunset Beach Questions

We just switched our early December trip to Cancun to Sunset Beach Jamaica. Not had time to do allot of research yet, but would appreciate if if someone could answer a few questions?

1. How long is the ride from airport to Sunset? Do you go through some "pretty shabby" areas on the way?

2. What kind of beer do they serve?

3. It is safe to go out at night to the bars (Margarietville)?

4. Is early December after the rainy season?

Any other info would also be appreciated.

Cherry Hill, NJ
reviews: 9
1. Re: Sunset Beach Questions

The ride to SSB can be anywhere from 15-30 minutes.

I remember Red Stripe (mostly stuck with rum drinks)

It is safe to go out as long as you keep your wits about you, same as any city in the States.

Technically, hurricane season ends at the end of November. So, it shouldn't be too bad.

Be sure to bring an large, insulated mug to keep your drinks cold.

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Sunset Beach Questions

srevel

the ride from airport to ssb is about 15-20 mins

they serve red stripe beer both regular and light

SSB run regular free shuttles to margueritaville and as long as you stay with the group or taxi drivers you'll be safe.

I recommend the fish restaurant next to margueritaville its called marguerites and theres a free shuttle there also its awesome

early december is a good time to go the weather is brill then it has already improved since i was there a few weeks ago.

anything else you would like to know feel free to email me

laurelburndrd@hotmail.com

Arkansas
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sunset Beach Questions

srevel - my new wife and I will be honeymooning just down from you at the Montego Bat Sandals. We are also interested in going to Margarittaville. We will be there Dec 2nd-9th. If you guys would like we could travel in groups!