We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal,Canada
Tipping

I'm planning at trip to Couples Negril in April '06 and am wondering if anyone can share information about tipping. I understand that Couples Resorts have a "no tipping" policy and can fire a worker for accepting a tip. I think, however, that someone who is there to make my trip more enjoyable deserves something in return. My question is cash or token gifts??? Please advise. Thanks

southern, illinois
reviews: 2
1. Re: Tipping

Cash, be discrete,, they make a pitiful wage.

temecula ca
2. Re: Tipping

we stayed at Beaches Negril and we tipped. We would give the maid, nanny, butler money on the side. Just hand it to them in private. They will be very thankful and it makes you feel so good. A little money to us is ALOT to them. I also left little gifts for them, such as jump ropes and little items for their children and small items for them. If you do this ( give gifts) then you need to write a small note saying that you gave them the gift.( your name , their name and room number and exactly what you left them) They wont be able to take it if the note isnt written. ALso, on our last day there I went through everything and left the things we didnt use or things that I didnt want to bring back and gave them to people. Helped them and me at the same time. Keri