We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 1
Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

Hey you guys,

This is my first time going to any tropical beach. We have been considering breezes Mo Bay because it seems to be the best priced all inclusive for 5/6 days. Im getting scared by all the bad reviews though. Does anyone have any suggestion for a better all inclusive resort that isnt super pricey?

Any input is appriciated thanks!

- Neera

Long Island
reviews: 6
1. Re: Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

Neera, I'm a big fan of Sandal's MoBay. I have personally been there for the last five years, most recently this past February. It is one of the least expensive of all of the Sandals properties, close to the airport (more time at the resort and on the beach), great service and warmth of the staff, great beach (private), very good food, very pretty, great landscaping, lots to do if you choose (lots of honeymoon couples), enough of nooks and crannies for romantic "get togethers", good entertainment at night, etc. If you would like I can send you pictures which speak for themselves. My email is granluxvacation@optonline.net. Send me an email and I will be very happy to send you pics. MoBay also has five restaurants on site along with your option of visiting the other two Sandals within ten minutes of MB which also have excellent restaurants. Sandals provides a free shuttle service to and from which run throughout the night up until about midnight. I assure you that if you book at Sandals MoBay you will be very well taken care of. Good luck on your decision. Anthony

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 5
2. Re: Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

Hello Neera,

Please look for the resort called Royal Decamerun Montego Bay. Find the reports on this forum and you will not be disapointed at all. Plus, it is only a two minute walk from Breezes.

Have fun!

montreal
reviews: 26
3. Re: Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

Greetings and welcome to you Neera, Congratulations to you both !!

I am just wondering.. Are you "set" on staying in Montego Bay ? I know that some folks don't really realize that there are many other areas in Jamaica that offer a much more quiet/natural setting for your honeymoon. Mobay is a great place, but for me personally I find it becoming far too much of a "hustle and bustle" type place and more and more development that I find takes away from the feeling of being in a tropical Paradise.

If you are NOT necessarily set on Mobay, there are truly countless excellent resorts with excellent comparative prices in Negril, Runaway Bay, Ocho Rios and other areas as well...

Look into some of your options in Negril, Here's some great ones with good pricing:

Sunset at the Palms, RIU Tropical Bay, Country Country. There are many others as well as great non A/I options.

In Runaway Bay you can look at the other Breezes (MUCH better reviews overall than BMB) or perhaps Royal Decameron Club Caribbean which is an excellent value-priced resort.

If you do absolutely "have" to stay in Mobay, personally, I don't suggest SMB as a honeymoon resort because it is literally right at the side of the Airport and the low flying planes overhead just aren't condusive to what I would call "tropical and honeymoon-like" it is also not an inexpensive resort.

My top recommendation for Mobay would be Coyaba Resort...

It is set out of town a ways away from the airport and hustle and bustle, has a beautiful natural beach ( without all the concrete and man-made structures like at some other places ) and is VERY well priced. It is a little bit elegant and a whole lot naturally beautiful.

One thing is for certain... You have DEFINATELY chosen the right Country for your Honeymoon.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 5
4. Re: Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

Hello again Neera,

Sorry, I did not realize that you were going on a honeymoon.

CONGRATULATIONS!

JamaicaSteve is right in all his choices. Especially if you would rather stay in MoBay. The Coyaba Resort is a unique place that you will not even want to leave after the 5days are up.

http://www.coyabajamaica.com/general.html

http://www.changes.com/resorts/coyaba/

Now I would like to change my suggestion to this place that I believe will be honoured to have you as their honeymoon guests. Some perks will be involved to entice you to stay.

They are all worth it. The place is extra special as you will see in the pictures and read on the reports that guests have written.

http://www.richmond-hill-inn.com/

p.s. Here are pictures and the link for the place that I originally recomended to you. The Royal Decamerun MoBay.

http://www.montegobeachresort.com/

community.webshots.com/album/277672296NvPTMf

How can you go wrong with anyone that you decide on.

You will be in JAMAICA. This will be the key factor.

Have fun choosing!, Johnny

New Jersey
5. Re: Honeymoon in Mo Bay - aug

I agree with Steve. Since you have never been to a tropical beach, check out his suggestions in Negril. There are no high rise buildings and the beach is beautiful. If you definitely want all inclusive, another choice is Couples Swept Away. They get good reviews and the location allows an easy walk on the beach down towards town. I think it's a little more expensive than Sandals. If you are going off season the rates are better. Enjoy your planning!