We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest beach??

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Nicest beach??

Hi all!!

I am also new to the MOBAY forum & was wondering which resort in Montego Bay has the nicest beach? (preferably an adults only, but more importantly a beautiful beach) Was thinking about Sandals MOBAY, but am very concerned about it being so close to the airport....excessive noise from planes?? I have staying at Beaches Sandy Bay in Negril & Grand Lido Braco. (Grand Lido's beach was absolutely horrible) rocks, seaweed & extremely small, don't let the pictures fool you!! Any input would be appreciated..

kari

CAN
reviews: 25
1. Re: Nicest beach??

Hi Kari, Welcome to the forum. For me Sandals Mobay would be out of the question...others don't seem to mind but I do and would mind the planes and the proximity to the runway.

The best beach imo in Montego Bay is Doctors Cave Beach. So it wouldn't really matter where you stay as you can go on this beach for $5.00.

If you want beach then you should look at NEGRIL. That's Beach!

Centereach, New York
reviews: 22
2. Re: Nicest beach??

For us the occasional plane noise never bothered us during our five stays at SMB. There were so many positives to the resort, including a beautiful beach, that the plane noise was a non factor.

Bodega, California
reviews: 2
3. Re: Nicest beach??

toorelaxed...I had to laugh when I read your reply and noted your location...not sure where you are on Long Island but I grew up there, in Cedarhurst to be exact...you know, Cedarhurst Alley...right on a runway for Kennedy Airport. I grew up with planes coming over my house on certain days in certain weather every 90 seconds...all with their landing gear down and clearing my roof by about 600-1000 feet.

For years I couldn't even hear an airplane, that's how much in my conciousness the noise was. After 20 years of living in California, 15 of which in a rural coastal area if a prop plane or Coast Guard helicopter goes by I hear it...

4. Re: Nicest beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, August 31, 2009