We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Other Message Boards

Which Montego Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
Other Message Boards

Hi does anyone know any other message boards to talk about Jamaica and see if there is anyone else going the same time I am? I'm going to SSB with my best friend April 20th-26th we are both in our mid 20's. Thanks in advance!

Oregon
1. Re: Other Message Boards

I have been lurking on www.jamaicans.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi for about a year and a half. Good people and lots of great information about Jamaica. I see a few users here that are regular posters on jamaicans.com forums, so not all will be strangers.

-Reby

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
2. Re: Other Message Boards

What is SSB? Sandals something?

I know a couple of boards that focus on AI properties (see chris-n-cheryl.com or tropictravelonline.com both have busy AI boards)

jamaicans.com is a really great resource but few people that post there do the AI thing.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
3. Re: Other Message Boards

PS: hi reby :)

montreal
reviews: 26
4. Re: Other Message Boards

Greetings everyone !

I think SSB is Sunset Beach in Mobay Liz. Luv, if it is a Sandals resort that you are speaking of then I agree with Liz's suggestions, but if not, you will find practically no mention of Sunset Beach whatsoever on either of those boards. Mostly just Sandals and Beaches.

I also agree with Liz that Jamaicans.com is not necessarily the "right" board for the most activity involving Sunset Beach.

I think actually this board is one of the most active (re Sunset Beach) on the web!

Here are some others where you will find more folks discussing Sunset Beach.

www.where2stay.com

www.jamaicaresorts.com

www.fodors.com

www.caribbean-on-line.com

www.frommers.com

Blessings and respect to all.

Steve

Philadelphia
5. Re: Other Message Boards

Hi all, thank you for the info, it's very much appreciated. I will definitly check those other sites out.

Happy Travels!

P.S. SSB=Sunset Beach Resort

pa
6. Re: Other Message Boards

Hey Jamica Steve...

I have been back from MB for a month...and the weather in Philly today was about 65 degrees...soooo I fired up some jerck chicken on the grill, washed it down with a few Pina Coladas with Rum I brought home, and last but not least some Blue Mountain coffe!!

lol

Oregon
7. Re: Other Message Boards

Howdy Ohliz :)

I saw you here so I had to register.

I know what Steve means about jamaicans.com gang, they are more into the 'roughing it' crowd but they have made me feel welcome. I like AI's because I can budget my trip but we do enjoy going out of our AI and seeing the real Jamaica. So much to see and do!! We even have a jamaicans.com board party planned the 29th of April down in Negril at 3 dives....I cant wait!

19 days and counting!

-Reby

montreal
reviews: 26
8. Re: Other Message Boards

Much respect to you Jaz !!

I must say though... You must have brought back a TON of Blue Mountain Coffee !!! Lord knows, ours is always finished within about 3 DAYS of our return from Jamaica.. LOL ( the Appleton too for that matter .. LOL LOL )

So great to hear you had such a fabulous vacation! So when's the next trip ?

Blessings to you.

Steve

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
9. Re: Other Message Boards

Oh reby I am so jealous, you know 3 Dives is my very favorite place in Jamaica....please tell Lloydie and Paula hello for me.

We are going to Cancun this fall (not my choice) and all I can think about is I wish it were Jamaica.