We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

Which Kingston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

Hi all - a friend and I will be in Ocho Rios in June and want to take a day trip or two into Kingston while we are visiting Jamaica. Can anyone recommend a taxi driver they have used for such a purpose and let us know what the cost might be? Thanks!

Poole, United...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

Yes, I went from Ocho Rios to Kingston for the day with Winston Aarons last November. He is a fully registered JUTA driver from the Ocho Rios area, knows Kingston very well and made our trip really great. His prices are very fair. You can contact him on winston.taxi@yahoo.com for further information and costs.

Kingston, Jamaica
reviews: 13
2. Re: Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

Hi You can check with jamaicatourguide. they do exciting kingston tours and their rates are very good. have fun!

Cortland, New York
reviews: 36
3. Re: Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

I did not like my experience with Winston Aarons.

First of all, i have to say Jamaica has a very nicest beach i have seen so far in my life. The water is clear and blue. Would love to go back some day.

We booked Winston Aarons for private tour, he came on time and pick us up as promised.

Took us to the rafting which i loved, very pretty scenery along the river. After the rafting, he picked us up. Then take us to shopping, all sudden he said something about some urgent he needed to go, i was ok for that. He had his brother took care of us and it was fine. Then his brother brought us to have lunch, then again his brother was gone. He said somebody will pick us up. I just came to realize, he probably shoveling us around to make more money when his responsibility to take care of us from beginning to end. My husband and I were worried that nobody will pick us up at the restaurant and we would miss the cruise. And at the end another person came and pick us up with other tourists. I don't mind sharing with others, the point is i paid for private tour.

Overall, my experience with Winston Arrons did not live up to my expectation.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
4. Re: Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

Thanks for sharing that.

PHILLIPS
reviews: 2
5. Re: Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

We used Barrett Adventures to go from Runaway Bay ( close to Ocho) You can check them out on TA and internet.

Shawn our driver was very informative on the culture of Jamaica. He stopped at several fruit stands and purchased fruit for us to try. Some of them were very new to us and good.

The drive (very clean van) was about 2-3 hours down thru winding, curvy roads. Thought his driving ability was very good.

Carolyn, the owner is great for e-mails. We went down to Bob Marley Museun and an ice cream place (Devon House) then came back thru Fern Gully and Margaritaville in Ocho.

Contact her and ask for a quote..... We gave Shawn a very good tip and if we ever went to Jamaica again we would use her again

We on another day, used a guy called Stucky to just drive us to markets,Schoties and he was fine. He runs his own cab and can be contacted by e-mail stuckystaxi@yahoo.com.

He knows some great markets. LOL

6. Re: Taxi for day trip from Ocho Rios to Kingston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 06, 2014